If you’re looking for a dessert that will make your mouth water, then look no further! This lemon custard cake is the perfect blend of sweet and tart. It’s moist and creamy with a light vanilla flavor. The lemon zest adds just the right amount of citrus to this recipe. You’ll love it!
Lemon Custard Cake
Lemon Custard Cake is a sweet and tangy dessert. This recipe is so delicious and perfect for a dessert buffet or any get-together you may be having. Guests who eat a slice of this cake are sure to come around for seconds. Topped on this fluffy and soft cake is a tasty lemon custard that is sure to become a favorite. If lemon is one of your most-used flavorings for recipes, you may want to try out this Lemon Velvet Cake or this Lemon Raspberry Cake.
- Eggs– Use these at room temperature.
- Sugar– This is always used in the best dessert recipes.
- Butter– Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Vanilla– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Flour– Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Lemon Juice– Use freshly squeezed lemon juice for the best taste.
- Lemon Zest– Make sure to zest your lemons before juicing them.
- Milk– Use whole or 2% milk for the recipe.
- Powdered Sugar– This will be used to dust the custard cake.
How to Make Lemon Custard Cake
To start, set the oven to 325 degrees.
First, use parchment paper to line an 8×8 baking dish and make sure to leave some length (about 2-inches) on the sides to make it easier to take out the cake.
Secondly, add the egg whites into a large mixing bowl of a standing mixer, and combined until it forms thick stiff peaks, then place the bowl on the side.
Thirdly, add the melted butter, sugar and vanilla into a medium bowl, and combine.
Then, add in the flour and use a whisk to combine until smooth and creamy.
Next, add in the lemon juice and lemon zest and whisk to combine. Then, pour the milk and combine, until you have a thin batter.
In addition, add in the egg whites and use a whisk to gently fold to combine, allowing some of it to come to the top. Make sure not to over mix or the cake will become too flat. The batter should look a bit like shaving cream.
Furthermore, add the batter into the baking dish and place it into the oven for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the cake is lightly brown on top.
Finally, sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of the cake.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can you freeze Lemon Custard Pudding Cake?
This Lemon Custard Pudding Cake can be placed in the freezer. Placing the recipe in the freezer will help with a longer shelf life. Although, this recipe is best served straight out of the oven.
How to Store Lemon Custard Cake?
You can place this lemon custard cake in an airtight container. You want to place the recipe in the freezer or fridge if you want it to last longer. If you want to eat it right away, you can keep it at room temperature until you are ready to eat.
More Cake Recipes:
- Easy Vanilla Custard Cake Recipe
- Heaven On Earth Cake (No-Bake)
- Cream Puff Cake (8-ingredients)
- Strawberry Buttermilk Cake
Lemon Custard Cake
- 4 large eggs separated
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 T lemon zest zest from one medium lemon
- 1 ¾ cups milk
- 1 Tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving about two inches extra length on each side. Set the dish aside to prepare the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, or using a stand mixer, whisk the egg whites until they become thick and can hold a peak shape, then set the bowl aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, sugar and the vanilla. Stir them together, and then add in the flour. Whisk together until it is smooth and creamy.
- Whisk in the lemon juice and lemon zest, then add in the milk. Stir until they are well combined and become a thin batter.
- Gently fold in the whisked egg whites, allowing some of the whites to float to the top. Do not over mix or the cake will be flat. It will look like shaving cream is in the cake batter, and that’s ok.
- Pour the batter into the prepared baking dish and bake for 40-45 minutes, until the cake is golden brown on top.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving.