You are going to absolutely love this Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake recipe. This is very simple to make and always gets rave reviews. Making lemon desserts are always a favorite of ours. This cake has the perfect amount of lemon flavor and the ricotta adds a moist richness that makes this recipe a keeper.
This cake also comes together pretty quickly, which is always nice when you’re looking for a good dessert that’s not only easy but quick too.
Lemon Ricotta Cake
This moist and dense lemon flavored pound cake is perfect for breakfast with a cup of coffee or also makes a delicious treat after lunch/dinner.
Like most other pound cakes, this Ricotta Pound Cake is good alone. It also makes a great base for ice cream, whipped cream, or berries. We like to sprinkle with powdered sugar, but that is completely optional.
If you’re new to lemon zesting, it is easiest to use the tool made for this job: a lemon zester. But if you don’t have one and are in a pinch a veggie peeler will work. Make sure you wash your lemon before you zest it..
Mini Lemon Ricotta Pound Cakes for Gifts
You can use this recipe using 3 mini loaf pans. You will have to shorten the cooking time I would say about 15-20 minutes. Just keep a close eye on it after the 30 minute mark. These make the best gifts!
This cake will take about 55 minutes to make, but might take a bit longer depending on your oven. Check the cake after 50 minutes and add a sheet of aluminum foil over the top to prevent over browning if you have to keep it in a bit longer.
Other Lemon Cake Recipes
Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter (1 1/2 sticks)
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 lemon (zested and juiced)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5 loaf pan with butter or line with parchment paper. In a small bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Using a standing or hand mixer, cream the butter, ricotta and sugar until fully blended. Then add the eggs 1 at a time. Mix in the vanilla, lemon zest lemon juice until combined. Now slowly add the dry ingredients until fully blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. If the top starts to brown add a sheet of aluminum foil on top to prevent over browning. Let the cake cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then run a knife around the edges of the pan and transfer to a rack to completely cool.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top if desired over the cooled cake.
Did you make this lemon ricotta pound cake? How’d you like it? I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below.
Find all of our Cake recipe HERE
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
13 comments on “Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake”
This my second time making this loaf as my family likes it very much. Thanks for sharing your recipe Jill.
Has anyone made this with gluten free flour?
Just popped them in the oven with Krusteez gf flour. I’ll report back.
This cake was delicious
Super moist with great lemon flavor. I separated into 2 smaller loaf pans and still cooked them for a little more than 1 hour. Happened to have both ricotta and a lemon in the frig so I thought I’d try this. I’ll be keeping the recipe!
It was delicious. Moist, not to sweet or lemony. Really great and easy.
Does this cake freeze well?
This recipe is so delicious!!! I substituted gluten free flour and eriythritol sugar.
Very Moist and amazing. My family loves it. A real keeper. Thank you!!
I’ve made this cake for a number of events and have received many compliments. It is easy to make and So good to eat! I’ve been asked for the recipe a number of times.
Can this be made sugar free??
Yes! I used eriythritol sugar. It came out great!