Lemon Curd Cake
Lemon flavoring can be so delicious because of the tangy flavor it adds to a recipe. This Lemon Curd Cake is a delicious cake recipe topped with a lovely lemon curd topping. The two textures blend so well together to create a soft and gooey consistency.
Lemon Curd Cake
This Lemon Curd Cake is so amazing and doesn’t need that many ingredients to make it! This recipe is so sweet with a tangy twist. The cake can be prepped and baked in just 30 minutes and then, ready to serve to friends, family, or just devour it by yourself. Lemon is such a good flavoring and I would blame myself for not allowing you to try out these other amazing recipes. This simple Lemon Cream Cake (Olive Garden Copycat) is just like Olive Garden’s is so worth it! Also, this Lemon Cake Roll with Blueberries is a wonderful tangy flavor with more sweet flavor from the blueberries added to it.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Water- This will be combined with the butter to melt it.
- Flour- You will need cake flour for this recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert recipe uses sugar in it.
- Baking Soda- This will allow the ingredients to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Eggs- Make sure the eggs are room temperature for best results.
- Sour Cream- This will cut the richness of the dessert.
- Vanilla- Use pure extract to control the amount of flavor in the recipe.
- Lemon Curd- You will add lemon curd to the top of the cake.
How to Make Lemon Curd Cake
Set the oven to 375 degrees.
You will be using a 9-inch springform round baking pan.
Use parchment paper to line the base of the pan.
Add the cake flour, and sugar, baking soda, and salt into a medium bowl and combine with a whisk.
Pour the wet ingredients into the flour and combine.
Place the butter and water into a medium saucepan to melt over medium heat.
Combine until fully melted.
Gradually combine the butter and flour mixture together.
NOTE: The batter will be VERY thin.
Add the batter into the prepared pan.
Place into the preheated oven for 20-24 minutes.
Take out and allow the cake to cool completely.
Add the lemon curd on top and evenly spread.
Top with some whipped cream if desired.
Serve and Enjoy!
Can I substitute lemon pie filling for the lemon curd?
Making the recipe as follows is the best choice for this recipe as you will have better results if you do. However, if needed you can change some ingredients to fit with what you have. Using lemon pie filling will do for the recipe if needed.
Do I Need to Store This Cake in the Refrigerator?
For a longer shelf life, store the lemon curd cake in the refrigerator. You can place it in an airtight cake container or any other air-tight container of your choosing.
More Cake Recipes:
- Crockpot Pineapple Upside Down Cake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcake Recipe
- Raspberry Crumb Cake
- Lemon Burst Poke Cake
Lemon Curd Cake
- 1 cup butter room temp
- 1 cup water
- 2 ¼ cups cake flour
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs room temp, beaten
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup lemon curd
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Prepare a 9’ springform round baking pan.
- Line the baking pan with a parchment paper cut to fit.
- In a medium-sized bowl add the cake flour, and sugar, baking soda, and salt whisk to combine.
- Add the egg, sour cream, and vanilla extract to the flour and mix to combine.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium add the butter and water.
- Stir to combine until fully melted and hot.
- Slowly begin to add the butter mixture to the flour mixture and mix to combine.
- NOTE: The batter will be VERY thin.
- Pour the batter into the prepared springform pan.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until it's fully baked.
- Cool completely
- Top your cake with lemon curd and spread evenly
- Garnish with whip cream