These Meatball Sliders make a great appetizer or quick dinner. They are made with sweet Hawaiian rolls and baked to perfection. You can make them for a potluck or on a busy weeknight.
Easy Meatball Sliders Recipe
We are a family who love Italian food. Meatball subs are a dinnertime staple in our house. These meatball sliders are a super easy twist on the classic sandwich. I like to make this with frozen meatballs and jarred sauce to save on time. They are still so tasty with the soft Hawaiian rolls and garlic butter. The best part is that they only spend about 20 minutes in the oven!
I also like to make these sliders for parties. If we are going to a family gathering, I’ll have it all prepped and then pop it into the oven once we get to that family member’s house. It makes the house smell so good! It is hands down one of the most requested appetizers. I always make sure to bring extra marinara for dipping as well. I even sometimes grab a jar of Alfredo sauce. It makes a delicious cheesy dip that compliments the garlic flavor so well.
Ingredients You’ll Need
These are such easy-to-find and use ingredients. You can make such tasty food out of store-bought products!
- Hawaiian Rolls
- Butter: You can use salted or unsalted. Melt it just before you are ready to use it.
- Garlic: Finely minced. I like to buy a jar of minced garlic to cut out prep time.
- Italian Seasoning
- Garlic Salt
- Mozzarella Cheese: This can be prepackaged or you can shred it yourself. It will be divided to top the meatballs and the slider rolls.
- Frozen Meatballs: Use any variety that you prefer or make our easy meatball recipe.
- Marinara Sauce: Any brand and any flavor will work perfectly.
- Parmesan Cheese: Freshly grated is best, but you can also use grated parmesan in the shaker.
How to Make This Meatball Sliders Recipe
I love how easy these meatball sliders are to prepare. Once the rolls are prepped, you add the meatballs and cheese, then bake. So simple and quick!
- Step 1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. I suggest using non-stick cooking spray if you choose foil.
- Step 2. Place the Hawaiian rolls onto the prepared baking sheet. Carefully cut a hole into the top of each roll. Remove about 1 tbsp from the center.
- Step 3. Combine melted butter, garlic, Italian seasoning, and garlic salt in a small bowl. Brush the top and inside of the slider rolls.
- Step 4. Place a pinch of mozzarella cheese into the bottom of each roll.
- Step 5. Place the meatballs in a large bowl and coat with ¼ cup of marinara sauce.
- Step 6. Press one meatball into each roll and top them with another tablespoon of sauce.
- Step 7. Sprinkle it with parmesan and remaining mozzarella.
- Step 8. Bake for 10 minutes, covered with foil. Uncover and make for an additional 10 minutes.
- Step 9. Garnish with fresh basil, parsley, or more parmesan cheese. Serve with extra marinara sauce for dipping.
Tips and Tricks
- I typically use store-bought ingredients for this meatball slider recipe but you can use homemade as well. You can make homemade meatballs or marinara sauce to take the flavors up a notch.
- Prepare the Hawaiian roll meatball sliders up to 24 hours in advance and store them covered in the refrigerator. Remove 1 hour before baking.
How to Store Leftovers
Place leftover meatball sliders into an airtight container. Store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the oven or the microwave.
More Slider Recipes
- Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Reuben Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
- Big Mac Sliders
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper or foil. Spray if using foil.
- Place rolls onto the baking sheet. Cut a hole into the tops of each roll and remove about a tablespoon of the center of the roll. Enough to fit a meatball in the center and have it still stick out the top a bit.
- Mix together melted butter, garlic, Italian seasonings, and garlic salt. Brush inside and over the tops of the rolls, pushing garlic inside the roll centers.
- Press a pinch of mozzarella into each roll.
- Coat meatballs with ¼ cup marinara sauce and press a meatball into each roll. Top each meatball with remaining marinara sauce; about 1 teaspoon of sauce each.
- Sprinkle sliders with parmesan and remaining mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and bake for 10 minutes. Uncover and bake for an additional 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh basil, parsley or additional parmesan cheese. Serve with extra marinara sauce.