These Big Mac Sliders are the perfect appetizer for any occasion. They’re cheesy and the buns are buttery just like a classic Big Mac. Top them with the signature homemade Big Mac sauce and you have a winner.
The Best Copycat Big Mac Recipe
Everyone is familiar with the classic McDonald’s Big Mac. It is topped with American cheese, diced onions, dill pickles, and Big Mac special sauce. It can be so hard to replicate that iconic sauce, but I have finally perfected it. It’s balanced, creamy, and tangy just like the classic sauce we all know and love. I feel like it is hands down the most important part to get right, otherwise, you end up with an ordinary burger.
Turning this burger into sliders gives you a quick and easy appetizer for game day, potlucks, or any gathering you can think of. From start to finish, it takes less than 45 minutes to make these mini Big Macs. I use Hawaiian rolls for added sweetness. It pairs perfectly with the buttery, toasted sesame seeds on top. If you have a fast food craving, these big Mac sliders hit the spot. If you love Big Macs, you should also try Big Mac Eggrolls, Big Mac Salad and Big Mac Tacos!
Ingredients You’ll Need
These big Mac sliders are made with super simple ingredients that I either already have or don’t spend a lot of money on. Remember, you can use your favorite brand for everything!
For the Burger:
- Hawaiian Rolls – or any slider buns.
- Ground Beef: I use 80% lean ground beef in this recipe
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper
- Garlic & Onion Powder
Homemade Big Mac Sauce:
- Sweet Pickles: I use finely diced gherkins or sweet pickle relish.
- French Dressing
- Vinegar: Just plain white vinegar will work fine.
- Yellow Mustard
- Onion & Garlic Powder
For the Toppings:
- Lettuce: Shredded iceberg is best.
- Onion: Finely chopped yellow or white onion.
- Pickle Slices: Hamburger dill pickles.
- American Cheese
- Butter: Melted to be brushed on the top of the rolls. You can use salted or unsalted.
- Sesame Seeds
How to Make Big Mac Sliders
These little big Mac sandwiches are so easy to make! I like to get everything prepped while the burger is cooking to cut down on time. It comes together super quick.
- Step 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Step 2. Mix Worcestershire sauce, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and onion powder with the ground beef in a medium bowl. Use the measurements for the burger as the seasonings for the Big Mac sauce will be listed separately.
- Step 3. Press the burger mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 baking dish. Make sure it is even.
- Step 4. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Set aside.
- Step 5. Make the sauce by whisking together mayonnaise, diced pickles, French dressing, vinegar, yellow mustard, onion powder, garlic powder, and salt in a small bowl. Set it aside.
- Step 6. Prepare the Hawaiian rolls by slicing them in half with a serrated knife. Do not pull apart the rolls. Place the bottoms on a baking sheet.
- Step 7. Spread the Big Mac sauce over the bottom of the rolls. Save about ¼ cup for dipping.
- Step 8. Layer with shredded lettuce, chopped onions, and pickle slices. Then, move the large burger onto the top of the veggies. Be careful not to break the meat.
- Step 9. Top the beef with the American cheese slices and then the top half of the Hawaiian buns.
- Step 10. Brush the tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Step 11. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
- Step 12. Slice and serve with extra mac sauce!
Tips and Tricks
- For an even quicker sauce recipe, mix ½ cup of Thousand Island dressing and 2 tbsp of mayonnaise.
- I would not recommend using beef with a higher fat content as they will shrink. I find the 80% that I use for this recipe to be the perfect ratio.
- You can save leftovers, but I recommend eating them fresh. The sauce will cause the buns to become soggy.
- Substitute the chopped gherkins in the homemade Big Mac sauce with sweet relish if you prefer.
More Slider Recipes
- Easy Hawaiian Chicken Sliders
- Kentucky Hot Brown Sliders
- Thai Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Hawaiian Roll Pizza Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
Big Mac Sliders
- 1 cup lettuce shredded
- 3 tablespoons onion finely chopped
- 30 hamburger pickle slices
- 6 slices American cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Mix together burger ingredients and press evenly into a 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 12-14 minutes, until browned through. Leave the oven on.
- Mix together sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Using a serrated knife slice rolls in half. Do not take rolls apart. Slice through the side of the rolls while still intact to create a top and bottom. Place the bottom of the rolls on a baking sheet.
- Spread sauce over the bottom rolls, reserving ¼ cup for dipping. Next layer lettuce, onions, and pickles. Place the burger, careful not to break it, on top of the veggies. Lay cheese all over the burger and top with top buns.
- With a brush, spread melted butter over tops of buns and sprinkle sesame seeds on the tops.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately with extra sauce and fries.