Whether you’re preparing a beautiful brunch spread for a special occasion or you need an easy breakfast on the go, Mini Pancake Muffins are a perfect option! Little pancake bites topped with berries or bacon and ready to be dipped in maple syrup and enjoyed, these mini pancakes are so cute and full of flavor.
You will love how easy these Mini Pancake Muffins are to make and customize with the toppings you choose. We really liked having the taste of homemade buttermilk pancakes in a portable form; no plate and fork required!
Need more homemade muffin recipes? We’ve got you covered! Cinnamon Sugar Donut Muffins | Tropical Muffins | Honey Cornbread Muffins | Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Tops | Sausage Breakfast Muffins | Pumpkin Muffins with Streusel Topping | Cranberry Lemon Muffins
Here’s what you’ll need to make Mini Pancake Muffins (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the easy-to-print recipe card):
Milk – we used whole milk, but any dairy milk you like will work.
White vinegar – this ingredient is optional, but when mixed with the milk will create a buttermilk-like flavor that is great for these pancake bites.
Flour – all-purpose flour is best for this recipe.
Sugar – granulated sugar adds just a hint of sweetness to the pancake muffins.
Baking powder – the baking powder will help the muffins rise.
Eggs – use large eggs and beat them in a small bowl, just until the yolks and the whites are combined.
Butter – melt the butter and then cool before adding to the pancake batter.
Toppings of your choice (full list of ideas below).
How to Make Pancake Muffins
Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, or place mini muffin paper liners in the cups and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
Note: we used the mini muffin liners because they were cute and colorful, but they are not necessary. If you do use paper liners, be sure to still spray them with non-stick spray so the pancakes don’t stick to the paper.
In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar; set aside. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
Slowly whisk in the milk mixture to the dry mixture, whisking just until incorporated.
Next, whisk in the slightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract, and the melted and cooled butter. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
Fill the prepared mini muffin cups ⅔ full with the pancake batter.
Add toppings of your choice to the top, if desired.
Bake the pancake muffins at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
Serve the mini pancakes warm with maple syrup for dipping.
Get creative and add toppings you like in any combination you want! This is also a fun way to get the kids involved in making the mini pancakes.
- Chopped nuts
- Fully cooked bacon, crumbled
- Fully cooked sausage link, cut in half (it will sink into the pancake while baking and become like a breakfast pigs-in-a-blanket)
- Fresh berries: chopped strawberries, small blueberries, chopped raspberries, etc. (if the pieces are too big they will sink, so be sure they’re small)
- Chocolate chips (semi-sweet chocolate chips are best for this recipe)
- Chopped maraschino cherries
How to Store Pancake Muffins
Keep the leftover mini pancakes in an airtight food storage container or zip-top bag. They should be stored in the refrigerator and can be kept for up to three days. Freeze in freezer bags for up to three months and thaw fully before serving.
More Breakfast Recipes You’ll Love
Mini Pancake Muffins
- 2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar optional
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons butter melted and cooled
- Toppings of your choice fully cooked bacon, blueberries, diced strawberries, raspberries, sprinkles, etc., optional
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Spray a mini-muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray, or place mini muffin paper liners in the cups and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine the milk and vinegar; set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- Slowly whisk in the milk mixture to the dry mixture, whisking just until incorporated.
- Next, whisk in the slightly beaten eggs, vanilla extract, and the melted and cooled butter. Stir until all ingredients are well combined.
- Fill the prepared mini muffin cups ⅔ full with the pancake batter. Add toppings of your choice to the top, if desired.
- Bake the pancake muffins at 400°F for 15 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on top.
- Serve warm with pancake syrup.