Made with chocolate pudding, spiced rum and a little instant coffee, these Mocha Pudding Shots are a fun and festive treat for the grown-ups in the room. They’re sure to be a big hit at your next holiday party!
Chocolate Pudding Shots
Making shots with pudding instead of jello is something we’ve had fun with a handful of times. (Like when we used Malibu rum for banana pudding shots.) They have really great flavor and just enough booze for a bit of a kick. Have you tried making any?
For this decadent chocolate version, we’re using just five simple ingredients. If you are wanting to serve your shots immediately you can go ahead and add the topping. If you are saving them for later, leave it off or go ahead and add a lid if the cups you have come with lids.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Chocolate Instant Pudding. The small package.
- Milk. The fat percentage doesn’t matter; just use what you have.
- Instant Coffee.
- Spiced Rum. This is essentially rum with cinnamon and nutmeg added.
- Cool Whip.
For The Topping
- Chocolate Whipped Cream. The kind in the spray can.
- Sprinkles. We used chocolate but if you want you can use some fun holiday colors.
How To Make Chocolate Pudding Shots
Make Pudding. Whisk the pudding, liquor, milk and coffee together. When that is all combined, slowly add in the Cool Whip.
Set. Spoon the mixture into shot glasses and put in the freezer to set for at least a couple of hours. I like to line whatever pan I’m using to hold the shots for quick clean up if they spill while I’m moving them.
Top. The whipped cream topping melts relatively quickly so make sure not to add it until you’re ready to serve.
How Long Do Chocolate Pudding Shots Last?
Without the topping, you can keep these refrigerated for 5-7 days. So feel free to go ahead and get these ready for your holiday get-together ahead of time.
More Boozy Holiday Treats to Try
- Thin Mint Pudding Shots
- Slow Cooker Gingerbread Latte
- Candy Cane Jello Shots
- Jack Frost Cocktail
- Christmas Cookie Jello Shots
Chocolate Mocha Pudding Shots
- 1 small Pkg. chocolate instant pudding
- 3/4 Cup Milk
- 3/4 Cup Spiced rum
- 8 oz tub Cool Whip
- 2 tsp instant coffee
- Chocolate whip cream to garnish
- Chocolate cake sprinkles to garnish
- In a medium bowl add the milk, liquor, instant coffee and instant pudding mix.
- Whisk until combined.
- Add cool whip to the pudding mixture a little at a time.
- Whisk until combined.
- Spoon the pudding mixture into disposable shot glasses.
- Place in freezer for at least 2 hours
- Top with Chocolate whip cream and sprinkles
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.