These soft and chewy Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies are double chocolate cookies with chocolate chips and topped with a smooth and creamy vanilla OREO frosting.
Cookie And Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies
This simple Oreo Cookies recipe is so good and simple to make. The texture of this recipe just melts in your mouth with every bite. These cookies can be made in no time to enjoy for dessert or any occasion.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
All-Purpose Flour: All-purpose flour is best to use. However, if you are using self-rising flour, you would eliminate the baking soda.
Baking Soda: Baking Soda will help the batter double in size.
Cocoa: Use this to add chocolatey flavor to the cookies. It blends very well with the recipe.
Butter: It is best to use unsalted butter for this recipe. Using unsalted butter will give you control of the flavoring in the recipe. This will allow the rawest and most natural flavor to come out in the recipe.
Granulated Sugar: In addition to adding a sweeter flavor to a cookie recipe. Granulated sugar caramelizes and absorbs moisture which overall improves the texture and flavor of the cookie.
Eggs: When making cookies, you always want to use room-temperature eggs. It gives the best texture to cookies.
Vanilla Extract: Vanilla is used not only to add an aroma to the recipe but also to enhance the flavor as well for a sweeter and more delicious recipe.
Chocolate Chips: Add these into the recipe to have a burst of melted chocolate in every bite.
Vanilla Frosting: Use homemade or store-bought frosting. I prefer making my own recipe!
Oreo Mini Cookies: I like to add a few crushed Oreos or whole ones on top of my frosting.
How To Make Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step 1: In a medium bowl, add the butter and sugar and combine. Put in the egg and vanilla next and combine again. Put the flour, cocoa, and baking soda into the mixture and combine once again until a soft dough forms. Use a spatula to fold in the chocolate chips.
Step 2. Arrange 8 to 10 large scoops of the dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place in the oven for 12 minutes at 350 degrees.
Step 3. Crush up some Oreos and add to the frosting and combine. Use the frosting to cover the tops of each cookie.
Step 4. Top with more crushed Oreos before serving and enjoy!
How To Store Chocolate Chip Cookies?
Place the cookies in an airtight container for the best storage method. Keep stored at room temperature, in the fridge, or freezer for longer shelf life.
What Other Types Of Frosting Goes With Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies?
The vanilla icing in this recipe goes very well with the Oreo flavoring. However, you can use other frostings like chocolate, oreo, etc.
More Oreo Recipes:
- Oreo Skillet Cookie (Pizookie)
- Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
- No-Bake Oreo Cheesecake
- Oreo Milkshake Recipe
- Oreo Fluff Recipe
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees F
- Put 8 oreos in a plastic bag or food processor to roughly crush into pieces. Remove about 1/4 cup for garnishing and save the rest for the cookie batter.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, with a fork (you can use a hand mixer if you’d like), combine together the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar until creamed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Stir the flour, baking soda, and salt into the wet mixture.
- Add the mini chocolate chips and crushed oreos and fold them into the batter (batter will be thick).
- Use a 3 tablespoon cookie scoop (you can use smaller if you’d like, but you may need to reduce cooking time) and place your cookies about 2” apart on the baking sheet (I baked 6 at a time).
- Bake for 9 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with extra crushed oreos.
- Let the cookies cool completely on the baking sheet to set and finish cooking in the middle.