Two delicious flavors come together to make these tasty Lemon White Chocolate Cookies. They are chewy, sweet, and a little tart. It’s a winning combination!
Lemon Cookies with White Chocolate Chips
The lemon lovers in your life are going to go crazy for this cookie recipe. It has a fresh lemon flavor from the zest and fresh lemon juice that’s tangy but not overpowering. White chocolate chips balance the lemon flavor with little pockets of sweetness in every bite.
What’s great about these white chocolate lemon cookies is that they can be made any time of year. I love making them in spring and summer for potlucks and parties. Make them for your family Easter dinner and I promise you won’t have any leftovers.
Love the flavor and texture of these cookies? Try Lemon Sugar Cookies next time. They’re yummy, too!
These are the ingredients needed to make these soft, lemon white chocolate cookies. See the recipe card below for measurements.
- Unsalted Butter: Cold butter is very difficult to work with when making cookie dough. Leave it out at room temperature for at least 30 minutes to soften.
- Sugar: granualted white sugar is best
- Vanilla Extract: I always use pure vanilla where possible.
- Lemon Juice and Zest
- Flour: These cookies use unbleached flour
- Baking Powder, Baking Soda and Salt
- White Chocolate Baking Chips: These will be divided; some will go right in the cookie dough and the rest will garnish the top.
- Sea Salt and Lemon Zest: These are optional additional garnishes for flavor and presentation!
How to Make Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
This is a straightforward recipe to follow, even if you haven’t made cookies from scratch before! Scroll down to the recipe card for more detailed instructions.
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with parchment paper. Then, preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add vanilla, egg, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. It will turn into a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Gently fold in 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Divide cookie dough. Using a large spoon or 2-tablespoon cookie scoop, form dough balls and place them on the baking sheet 2 inches apart.
- Bake for about 9 minutes or until the edges start to slightly brown. Do not overbake!
- Garnish. Remove the pan from the oven. Garnish with extra white chocolate chips, sea salt, and lemon zest. These are optional but I love the flavor they add.
- Cooling. Allow the cookies to cool for about 8 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
How to Store Leftovers
Store these lemon white chocolate chip cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days. They can also be placed in the refrigerator to chill if you prefer.
To freeze, place the unbaked cookie dough balls into an airtight container. Store in the freezer for up to 3 months. Bake straight from the freezer if you wish, just add a couple extra minutes to the baking time.
More Lemon Dessert Recipes
- Lemon Gooey Butter Cake
- Strawberry Lemon Bars
- Frosted Lemon Cookies
- Lemon Fudge
- Lemon Crinkle Cookies
- Crock Pot Lemon Cobbler
Lemon White Chocolate Cookies
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 1/2 cups flour unbleached
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- sea salt for garnish
- lemon zest for garnish
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips for garnish
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add the vanilla, egg, lemon juice, and lemon zest and mix well.
- Stir in the flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Fold in 1 cup of white chocolate chips.
- Use a two tablespoon cookie scoop to create cookie dough balls and place them about 2” apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 9 minutes – watch carefully and remove the cookies as soon as the edges start to brown.
- Remove from the oven and top with the additional white chocolate chips, sea salt, and lemon zest.
- Let cool on the baking sheet for 8 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.