This Homemade Chicken Marsala recipe is a must-try for all of your family-friendly meals! The succulent chicken breasts are cooked in a creamy sauce with delicious mushrooms, and the end result is absolutely fantastic. Plus, this recipe is so easy to follow that you’ll be able to make it any time you want.
Simple & Easy Chicken Marsala
Chicken Marsala is so delicious and packed with flavor. The seasonings are mixed together to coat your chicken before frying. Then, added into an incredible marsala sauce This is a great dinner idea if you are looking for a quick and easy recipe.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: Use All-purpose flour to give the marsala that thick and creamy sauce.
Seasonings: Adding salt to this recipe will do a great job of bringing out all those good seasonings and flavors. Pepper will be used to add more flavor.
Mushrooms: You can use any type of your favorite mushrooms for this recipe. I love using Shitake Mushrooms.
Marsala Wine: Marsala Wine is the main ingredient that makes chicken marsala what it is and it will give the recipe a nice nutty and sweet flavor.
Chicken Broth: This broth is best for the consistency of the recipe, but mostly for adding more flavor on top of all the other wonderful flavors.
Heavy Cream: This is a great thickening agent and when used at room temperature it will give you a creamier consistency.
How To Make Chicken Marsala
Step 1. Slice the chicken length-wise in half to make 2 pieces. Use a meat tenderizer to beat the chicken into 1/4-inch thick pieces.
Place the oil into a deep and large skillet over medium-high heat. On a plate, add the flour, salt, and pepper and whisk with a fork. One at a time, dip each chicken piece until coated and shake any excess off before adding into the hot oil.
You do not want to overcrowd, so cook a few at a time for about 3-4 minutes until fully cooked and light brown. Take the chicken out when done and transfer it to a plate and cover it with foil.
Step 2. Use the same skillet to melt some butter and put in the mushrooms and diced onion to fry for 3 minutes.
Put in 1 tbsp of flour and minced garlic and combine and cook for an additional minute. Use the spoon or spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan to get any pieces sticking to the bottom of the pan.
Step 3. Pour in the Marsala wine and cook for another minute before adding in the chicken broth and heavy cream.
Continue until it begins to boil and thicken. Deglaze the pot every now and then for about 8-10 minutes until you have a deepened color and thickened sauce.
Step 4. Put the chicken into the skillet and cook for another few minutes or until fully cooked through.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
What Goes With Chicken Marsala?
My favorite thing to eat with chicken marsala is rice. You can lay the marsala on a bed of rice or have it on the side. You can also eat it with naan bread, pitas, breadsticks, salads, and more
How To Store Chicken Marsala?
Place the chicken marsala in an airtight container. You can keep the recipe stored in the fridge. However, if you plan on using it later on or want to keep it for a few dinners. You can store it in the freezer for the longest shelf life.
More Chicken Recipes:
- Easy Orange Chicken (4-ingredients)
- Easy Hibachi Chicken
- Chicken and Dumplings with Tortillas
- BBQ Chicken Quesadilla
Creamy Chicken Marsala
- 3 chicken breasts – skinless and boneless (about 1 pound)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil or more as needed
- ¼ cup flour plus 1 Tablespoon for later
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup mushrooms – sliced
- 1 medium onion – finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- ½ cup Marsala wine
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup heavy cream
- Optional garnish parsley
- Cut the chicken breasts in half lengthways to create 2 thin pieces. Pound the chicken pieces to about ¼ inch thick.
- Heat the oil to medium-high heat in a deep large skillet.
- Place the flour, salt, and pepper onto a plate. Whisk this together with a fork.
- Take each piece of chicken one at a time and coat it with the flour mixture. Shake off any excess, then place the
- pieces into the hot oil. (Cook just a couple at a time so they are not crowded.)
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until cooked fully through and seared to a golden brown. Take the chicken
- pieces from the skillet and place them on a plate. Cover them with tin foil.
- Melt butter in the same skillet.
- Then add mushrooms and diced onion and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add 1 Tablespoon of flour and minced garlic cooking for another minute. Make sure to scrape the bottom of
- the pan to release any bits stuck there.
- Whisk in Marsala wine and simmer it for a minute.
- Whisk in chicken broth and heavy cream. Bring this to a boil. Then simmer it to thicken and reduce the sauce,
- deglazing the pot every so often. (this will take 8 to 10 minutes- you want to give it plenty of time to deepen in color and thicken up).
- Return the chicken to the skillet continuing to heat for a few minutes, or until the chicken is heated through.
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
the sauce recipe if you are like me and like your food drowning in the sauce! There is plenty of sauce for 6 pieces, but I