Peeps Poke Cake
This Peeps Cake is a deliciously moist poke cake recipe full of flavor. Perfect for Easter, this is a dessert that everyone loves.
Poke Cakes are one of my favorite cakes for two simple reasons. One, they are incredibly simple to make; just a few ingredients is all you need. Second, they are often some of the tastiest desserts because they cake is so moist.
Before you tell me that you don’t like the flavor of Peeps candy, let me tell you this: there are no actual Peeps in this cake. The candy is just for decoration and makes this a really fun Easter dessert. If your kids are like mine and love the candy, then they’ll just eat them all for you!
Ingredients You Need
- Cake Mix.
- The ingredients on the cake mix box.
- Vanilla Pudding Mix.
- Heavy Cream.
- Powdered Sugar.
- Shredded Coconut.
- Green Food Coloring.
- Assorted food coloring.
- Cadbury Mini Eggs.
- Peeps bunnies.
How To Make A Peeps Poke Cake
- Bake the cake. Follow along with the directions on the back of your cake mix.
- Poke holes. When the cake has cooked and cooled, use the back of a wooden spoon to poke holes all over.
- Make the pudding. Whisk up the pudding mix and milk until it’s thick. Pour it over the cake and spread it out so it seeps into the holes.
- Optional: color the pudding. You can simply use the pudding as is, or you can add some color to it but dividing it into smaller bowls and using some pastel food coloring to dye it.
- Make the frosting. Beat together the heavy cream, powdered sugar and extra pudding mix. Then spread it over the pudding.
- Make coconut “grass”. Put the shredded coconut in a ziploc bag and add some green food coloring. Shake it up to dye the coconut to look like grass!
- Decorate. Sprinkle the coconut all over the cake and then add Peeps and mini Cadbury eggs to decorate your cake.
Then, enjoy! This Easter poke cake is best eaten within the first 3 days. Since there is milk in the pudding mix, you want to keep this cake refrigerated.
More Poke Cakes You Will Love!
Peeps Poke Cake
- 1 box white cake mix + ingredients to make
- 1 3.4 oz. box instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups heavy cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup instant vanilla pudding mix dry
- 2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Green pink, and purple food coloring, optional
- 30 Cadbury Mini Eggs
- 15 Peeps Bunnies
- Prepare the cake mix according to the box instructions for a 9×13-inch cake pan.
- Let the cake cool completely, then use the handle of a wooden spoon to post holes all over the top of the cake about halfway down.
- Whisk together the pudding mix and cold milk for 2 minutes in a large bowl, divide the prepared pudding into smaller bowls and add food coloring if desired.
- Pipe or spoon the pudding over the top of the holes on the cake then spread it out over the top with a rubber spatula.
- Add the heavy cream, powdered sugar, and pudding mix to a large bowl or stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment and beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread the frosting over the top of the pudding.
- In a large ziploc bag, combine the coconut and several drops of green food coloring and squeeze and shake to dye it, then sprinkle over the top of the cake.
- Decorate the cake with Cadbury mini eggs and peeps.