Peppermint Patty Cookies are the treat to make this winter. A festive, fun way to enjoy the flavor of peppermint! These soft and chewy cookies are loaded with peppermint flavor because there is a Peppermint Patty Stuffed inside.
Table of Contents
- Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
- What are Peppermint Patties?
- Important Ingredients You Will Need to Make Peppermint Patty Cookies
- How to Make Peppermint Patty Cookies
- What is the Best Way to Portion the Peppermint Patty Cookie Dough?
- How to Store Peppermint Patty Cookies?
- More Peppermint Recipes:
- Get the Recipe
Peppermint Patty Stuffed Chocolate Cookies
These Peppermint patty cookies are a great way to get into the holiday spirit. They’re delicious and festive, but they’re also easy to make so you can spend less time in the kitchen and more time with your family this Christmas. Plus, they only take 30 minutes from start to finish! As you make your Christmas Cookie Tray filled with special cookies like these Reindeer Corn Christmas Butter Cookies and these Soft Christmas Sprinkle Cookies, you have to add these Peppermint Patty Stuffed Cookies.
What are Peppermint Patties?
Important Ingredients You Will Need to Make Peppermint Patty Cookies
- Cocoa Powder- Using a high quality cocoa powder is a must with these cookies. These cookies are so rich that you want to make sure the chocolate flavor is pronounced.
- Light Brown Sugar- Using brown sugar helps to maintain the moisture in these cookies. If a pinch you can use a brown sugar substitute, like white sugar with maple syrup, but for best results, use brown sugar.
- Peppermint Patties (16-18 patties)- You are adding the peppermint patties inside of the cookie dough. That is taking this rich chocolate cookie to a whole new level.
How to Make Peppermint Patty Cookies
Step 1- Dry Ingredients.
In a large bowl, add in the flour, cocoa powder baking soda, and salt and whisk to combine.
Step 2- Wet Ingredients.
Add the butter and both sugars into another large bowl. Combine using an electric mixer until smooth. Pour in the egg and vanilla and combine again until fully incorporated ( use a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl as needed). Gradually combine the wet and dry ingredients until fully incorporated. Use plastic wrap to cover the bowl of cookie dough, and set it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Step 3- Baking.
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line two cookie sheets. Use a # 40 cookie scoop to form the dough into balls. Arrange the dough balls onto the prepared she and use a flat bottom glass to flatten each cookie. Put a peppermint patty in the middle of the dough, and use your fingers to wrap the dough around the Peppermint Patty ( be sure that the dough is fully wrapped and sealed around the Peppermint Patty). Place the cookie sheets into the oven for 10-12 minutes at 350 degrees. Let the cookies cool on the sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool thoroughly.
What is the Best Way to Portion the Peppermint Patty Cookie Dough?
The best way to portion out the Peppermint Patty cookie dough is by separating it into sections and wrapping it in plastic wrap. You can cut the dough into even portions or measure out the dough using a digital scale.
How to Store Peppermint Patty Cookies?
You can place the cookies into an airtight container for the best storage method. This recipe can be placed in the fridge, but is better when stored in the freezer, because it extends the shelf life, greatly.
More Peppermint Recipes:
Peppermint Patty Cookies
- Add flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
- Whisk to blend.
- Set aside.
- In a second large bowl, add the butter, both sugars.
- With an electric mixer cream the butter and both sugars together until smooth.
- Add in the egg and vanilla, beating until combined.
- If needed, scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- With the mixer still beating slowly, add in the dry ingredients.
- Beat until all ingredients are just combined.
- Cover the bowl of cookie dough with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes or so.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Scoop out the cookie dough with cookie scoop #40 (or two tablespoons).
- Place the cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheets, several inches apart.
- Use the bottom of a glass and flatten each cookie dough ball.
- Place a mini peppermint patty in the center of the cookie dough.
- Pull the dough around the peppermint patty.
- Work to make sure that the cookie dough is folded around the patty and closed completely.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- Allow cooling slightly while still on the cookie sheet.
- Transfer each cookie to a cooling rack.