These pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon frosting literally melt in your mouth. The flavor on these is incredible!
Everyone loves a good cupcake and these are no exception. They’re like a miniature pumpkin pie in a cupcake. You would also love our Pumpkin Snickerdoodles recipe and this No-Bake Pumpkin Lush Dessert this fall. They’re awesome Thanksgiving desserts!
The little fondant pumpkins are top are so adorable and I promise, they aren’t hard to make at all. However, these pumpkin cupcakes are so tasty you’ll want to make them whether or not you want to try your hand at fondant. You can always skip that part if you want to.
How To Make Pumpkin Cupcakes
Pumpkin Fondant Ingredients
- 1 tube of orange fondant
- 1 tube of green cake frosting
- 1 disposable piping bag fitted with a number 66 tip
- 1 cutting board
- 1 wooden skewer
Pumpkin Cupcake Ingredients
- 1 box Spice mix
- 1 Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- 15 oz. pumpkin puree
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 C. applesauce or oil
- 1/3 C. milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Cinnamon Frosting Ingredients
- 1 C unsalted sweet cream butter, softened
- 3 C powder sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 5 TBSP heavy whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Fall themed sprinkles
- Begin by rolling a small 1/3 oz piece of orange fondant into a ball. Dust your work surface with powdered sugar/corn-starch to prevent the fondant from sticking.
- Place the fondant ball onto the cutting board
- Lightly push the fondant ball down into a thick disk
- Using the pointy side of the skewer, make a indent in the center of the of the fondant ball
- Using the wooden skewer, take the rounded end of the skewer and using the rolling motion from bottom to top make 4 indents like an X
- Repeat step to make 4 more indents in between the first 4 indents
- Squeeze the icing into the disposable bag and pipe a leaf onto the top of the pumpkin
- Set aside to dry while you make the cupcakes
Pumpkin Cupcake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line pans with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine spice cake mix and pumpkin pie spice, set aside
- In a large bowl, combine pumpkin puree , eggs, applesauce, milk and vanilla extract and whisk until combined
- whisk in dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined
- Fill cupcake liners 3/4 full and bake for 22 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean.
- Combine all ingredients into a standing mixer and mix on low speed until combined and stiff peaks form
- Scoop frosting into a piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Frost cooled cupcakes and sprinkle with some fall sprinkles
- Place the pumpkin into the center of the frosting