Calling all cookie lovers! There is a wonderful recipe that I would love to share with you! This Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies is the perfect dessert for any occasion. You can share these cookies with your friends and family. You can have this after a meal or for the holidays as a special treat.
Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
This Caramel Sugar cookie recipe is wonderfully moist and sweet. This recipe has ingredients you can find for cheap at your local grocery store or you may already have the ingredients in your kitchen. You can have delicious cookies made in no time as this recipe only takes a few minutes to bake. Be sure to write this down for a quick and easy recipe!
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted to control the amount of salt.
- Canola oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Light brown sugar- This will add moisture to the cookies.
- Powdered sugar– This sugar is perfect for homemade icing.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Water- You will need to use cold water for this recipe.
- Eggs- Use eggs at room temperature.
- Flour– Use All-purpose flour for the best results.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your cookies.
- Baking soda- This will let your cookies rise in the oven.
- Cream of tartar- This is used as a stiffening agent.
- Milk– You can use whole or 2% milk.
How to Make Salted Caramel Sugar Cookies Recipe
Set your oven to 350 degrees. Use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
Cream together the butter, oil, sugars, water, and vanilla in a large bowl until combined and smooth.
One at a time, add in the eggs until combined.
Mix together the flour, salt, baking soda, and cream of tartar in a large bowl.
Slowly add in the dry ingredient into the wet until a dough forms.
Scoop out some dough using a smaller ice cream scooper and mold the dough into a ball and put onto the cookie sheet.
Using a flat bottom of an object such as a glass and, gently press the dough ball into a disk.
Make an indent using the back of a spoon into the cookie.
Repeat until you use all the dough.
Bake for 8 minutes in the oven.
Let the cookies cool.
Cream together the butter, milk, sugars, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl until combined and smooth.
Add the icing to the indent in the cookie and allow it to harden.
Do I Have to Chill This Sugar Cookie Dough?
For this Caramel Sugar cookie, it is not required to chill the dough. You only have to work the batter into a dough and flatten them into cookies. You will then add them to the oven and the cookies will bake fine.
Will The Caramel Harden?
The type of caramel you use for these Caramel Thumbprint Cookies depends on if it would harden. For these cookies, the caramel used will not harden. Some types of caramel will harden over time, but these will stay soft in the cookies.
More Cookie Recipes
- Best Oatmeal Cookies Recipe
- Pumpkin Spice Snowball Cookies
- Apricot Walnut Thumbprint Cookies
- Zucchini Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Dark Chocolate Cookies
Salted Caramel Thumbprint Cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, oil, sugars, water and vanilla until combined and smooth
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda and cream of tartar
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredient into the wet ingredients until a soft dough forms
- Using a mini ice cream scooper, scoop out some dough and roll it into a ball and place onto the cookie sheet
- Using a flat bottom of a glass, lightly press the dough ball into a thick disk
- Using the back of a spoon, make a indent into the cookie
- Repeat steps for more cookies
- Place into the oven and bake for 8 minutes
- Allow to cool
- Using a large bowl, beat the butter, milk, sugars, vanilla and salt until combined and smooth
- Fill in the center of the cookies and allow icing to harden
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.