Homemade Chili Mac and Cheese
If you love the delicious gooey and cheesy flavor of Mac & Cheese, you will be blown away by this homemade recipe. This Chili Mac and Cheese is an incredible meal for lunch or dinner to share with your friends and family. Skip the premade boxed foods and enjoy this homemade meal.
Chili Mac and Cheese
This Chili Mac & Cheese will be ready in under 30 minutes. The ingredients together will add a meaty, spice-filled, vegetable twist to one of everyone’s favorite meals. This is a bomb of flavor that will just melt in your mouth and will be a great addition to one of your favorite cookbooks.
- Olive oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute.
- Ground beef- You will need lean ground beef for this recipe.
- Cloves garlic- You can mince your own garlic for the best flavoring.
- Onion- Prepare your onions by having them diced.
- Chili powder- This will add a slightly smokey flavor to your recipe.
- Oregano– You will need to use dried oregano for this recipe.
- Cumin- This will add a slightly spicier flavor to your recipe.
- Red pepper- You will need your red pepper to be crushed.
- Salt- The salt will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Black pepper- You will need to use ground pepper for taste.
- Broth- You will need to use beef-flavored broth.
- Tomatoes- You will need to use petite cut diced tomatoes.
- Black beans- These beans will need to be drained and rinsed.
- Pasta- You should use macaroni shaped pasta for this recipe.
- Cheese- You will need to grate cheddar and mozzarella cheese and have divided.
- Parsley- This should be fresh for best taste and used for garnish, optional.
How to Make Chilli Mac and Cheese
You will add the oil into a larger pot and heat over medium-high heat.
Put the beef in the pot and cook and use a spoon to break up into pieces. Drain excess grease.
Put in the onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until tender.
Add in all of the seasonings into the pot and stir.
Pour in the broth, tomatoes, and beans, mix and bring to a boil.
Put in the pasta, lower the heat, and add a lid to simmer for 12 minutes.
Remove from the stove, add in 3/4 cup of the cheddar, and 3/4 cup of mozzarella.
Add the rest of the cheese on top and add the lid back on and melt for about 2 minutes.
Serve and add chopped parsley for garnish.
What Pasta is Best for Chili Mac?
The Chili Mac and Cheese recipe call for macaroni style pasta. You can really use any type of pasta you want. There are many varieties and it will not change the flavor of the mac and cheese. You can even use gluten free or veggie pasta.
What Toppings Should I Serve with Homemade Chili Mac?
You can add so many different types of toppings to your Homemade Chili Mac using different toppings to complement the flavors. You can add additional cheese and more vegetables and serve with sides like bread and salad.
More Casserole Recipes
- Twice Baked Potato Casserole
- Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole
- Easy Chicken and Rice Casserole (15-minute prep)
- Skillet Philly Cheesesteak Casserole Recipe
- Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole Recipe
Chili Mac and Cheese
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 ½ tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 petite cut diced tomatoes
- 1 black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups uncooked macaroni pasta
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- Fresh parsley for garnish, optional
- Heat the olive oil in a large pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until it is cooked through. Drain any excess fat.
- Add the garlic and onions and cook until the onions have softened, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in the chili powder, oregano, cumin, crushed red pepper, salt, and black pepper.
- Add the beef broth, diced tomatoes, and black beans. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the macaroni pasta. Turn the heat down to low, cover and simmer for 12 minutes, until pasta is al dente.
- Take the pot off the stove. Stir in ¾ cup of the cheddar cheese and ¾ cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Sprinkle the remaining chesses on top and put the lid back on the pot until the cheeses have melted, about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot sprinkled with fresh chopped parsley.