If you need a sweet bread to enjoy throughout the day as a go-to simple snack or something to enjoy with your morning coffee, then I have a recipe for you. This Maple Sweet Potato Bread Recipe may become a favorite and is a great bread to share with friends and family.
Maple Sweet Potato Bread
This Sweet Potato Bread is so moist and fluffy! The flavor of this bread is of course sweet and tasty with a light and moist texture. This recipe is super simple to make and will just melt in your mouth. Your loves ones will fall in love with this recipe.
Maple is a fantastic flavor all by itself. When you combine it with additional flavors, you never know what delicious treat will await you. I love creating recipes that are outside of the box and this bread recipe fits that description perfectly. If you are looking for delicious bread recipes that aren’t your normal plain old bread, then you need to check out recipes like my Caramel Apple Banana Bread, my Amish Apple Fritter Bread, and last but certainly not least, my Applesauce Bread.
- Sweet Potatoes- Make sure to have them drained
- Sugar– Every great bread recipe uses sugar for the best results.
- Water- This will be added to your batter.
- Oil- Use vegetable oil or canola oil as a substitute.
- Maple Syrup- This will be an added sweetener.
- Eggs- Use these at room temperature.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking soda- This will allow your bread to rise in the oven.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the bread.
- Nutmeg- Adds a wonderful aroma to the bread.
- Baking powder– This will allow the doubling of your ingredients.
- Allspice- This will be for additional flavoring.
- Cinnamon– You can ground your own ingredients for the best flavoring.
- Pecans- You can have these chopped or whole.
- Milk- You will need to use whole milk for this recipe.
- Baking Bits- Be sure to use the health bar baking bits.
How to Make Maple Sweet Potato Bread
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use pam to spray a 9×5 loaf pan. Place it aside.
Add the potatoes into a large mixing bowl and mash.
Pour in the sugar, water, oil, syrup, and eggs and mix to combine.
Add the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice, and baking powder into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Combine the wet and dry mixtures. Fold in the pecans.
Pour the batter into the pan and place into the oven to bake for 60-70 minutes or until a tester placed in the center comes out clean.
Take out and let cool in the pan for 15 minutes and prepare the glaze.
Add the sugar, milk, and cinnamon into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Transfer the bread to a wire rack and pour the glaze on top.
Add some baking bits on top.
Serve and enjoy!
Can I Add Nuts to This Bread?
This Sweet Potato bread is so amazing by itself! I recommend trying this bread before adding anything to it because it’s that good. However, if you want to add something to it, then go right ahead!
Can I Make Sweet Potato Bread Into Muffins?
This Sweet Potato bread could be made into muffins. To make this recipe into muffins you will need to make sure to make them properly. Make sure to fix the measurements to the correct sizing on the muffin directions.
MORE BREAD RECIPES
- Triple Chocolate Banana Bread
- Double Chocolate Pumpkin Bread
- Pineapple Coconut Bread
- Blueberry Orange Bread
- Almond Lemon Bread
Sweet Potato Maple Bread
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with nonstick baking spray.
- Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mash sweet potatoes.
- Add sugar, water, oil, maple syrup, and eggs to the sweet potatoes
- Mix to combine.
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and allspice, and baking powder.
- Whisk to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients.
- Mix well to combine.
- Add the pecans and mix to combine.
- Pour evenly into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes in the pan.
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, milk, and ground cinnamon until combined
- Turn the loaf out onto a wire rack to cool completely
- Pour the glaze on top of the bread
- Sprinkle Heath Bar baking bits all over the loaf.