Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato Pie
This Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato Pie Recipe is absolutely amazing. you have never had a pie this good, and after trying this version, you might never want to make it the traditional way. This incredible sweet potato pie is topped with cinnamon rolls to make this a decadent treat you will crave all year round.
Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato Pie
This Sweet Potato Pie is such a great dessert. This recipe is super simple to follow and the combination of ingredients will make an icing covered burst of flavor. This recipe has that sweet delightful taste of sweet potato with the swirls of cinnamon on top. This will be a great addition to your fall season, so be sure to add this incredible recipe to your menu.
Sweet potatoes do no get enough attention in my opinion. I think we need to use them more often. If you agree, you will also love Garlic Butter Smashed Sweet Potatoes, Instant Pot Sweet Potato Butter, and Instant Pot Stew
- Pie crust- You can buy premade crust or you can make your own homemade.
- Sweet potato- You will want to have your potatoes mashed.
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted butter to control the salt in your recipe.
- Eggs- You will need to use your eggs at room temperature.
- Light brown sugar- This will add a richness to your recipe that regular sugar will not.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Sweetened condensed milk- This will help with the consistency of your dessert.
- Evaporated milk- This will enhance the flavor of your pie and make it creamier
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your potato pie.
- Nutmeg- This will add a wonderful aroma to your pie.
- Cinnamon- Cinnamon is a must with pumpkin.
- Ginger- This will be an additional spice for flavoring.
- Orange zest- This will be added as an additional flavor to your recipe.
- Vanilla extract- You want to use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Cinnamon rolls- You can buy a package of cinnamon rolls or make your own homemade.
- Salted Caramel sauce– This will be added on top of your dessert.
How to Make a Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato Pie Recipe
Set your oven to 400 degrees.
Use a fork to poke holes into the sweet potato and bake in the oven until tender for 40 minutes.
You will then let them sit to cool and peel and take out any dark spots.
Add the potatoes, butter, eggs, sugars, milk, and all the spices to a standing mixer and combine until smooth.
Pour your mixture into the crust.
Add into the oven and bake for 50 minutes until set.
Take out and put onto a rack to cool until it is room temp.
Once fully cooled, put in the fridge overnight.
Prepare your rolls and use parchment paper to line a cookie sheet and arrange them onto it.
Follow as directed on the pan and bake the rolls at the recommended time.
Once finished, set aside for 5 minutes to cool before putting them on the pie.
Add the sauce to a piping bag and Drizzle the salted caramel on top of your finished pie.
Slice and Serve!
Can I Use Yams Instead of Sweet Potatoes?
Yams and sweet potatoes are often interchangeable. You can use these in your Cinnamon roll pie and the dessert will come out fine.
What Type of Cinnamon Rolls Should I Use?
I like to use the basic ones from the refrigerated section, for convenience. If you have the time and want to make this even better, you can my 1-Hour Easy Cinnamon Rolls recipe.
More Amazing Pie Recipes
- Delicious Pumpkin Streusel Pie
- Chocolate Buttermilk Pie
- Bourbon Apple Pie
- Best Ever Strawberry Pie Recipe
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cookie Pie
Cinnamon Roll Sweet Potato pie
- 1 9 inch pre-made pie crust
- 3 C mashed sweet potato, About 4-6 medium to large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 C unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temp
- 1/3 C light brown sugar
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1/2 C sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 C evaporated milk
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 3 tsp grated orange zest
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 5.7 package of cinnamon rolls
- ½ C salted caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Poke the sweet potatoes with a fork and bake for 40 minutes or until tender.
- Let cool, then peel and remove any dark spots.
- In a standing mixture, beat the sweet potatoes, butter, eggs, sugars, milk, and all the spices until combined and smooth
- Pour the pie filling into the pre-made pie crust
- Bake in the oven for 50 minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and place onto a cooling rack to cool to room temp.
- Once cooled, place pie into the fridge for overnight
- Remove cinnamon rolls from can and place onto a parchment lined cookie sheet
- Following the directions on the pan, bake the cinnamon rolls as recommended
- Once they are baked, allow to cool for 5 minutes before placing them onto the top of the sweet potato pie
- Pour the salted caramel sauce into the disposable piping bag
- Cut the tip off and drizzle the sauce over the pie
- Cut and serve