This Loaded Potato Salad is packed with all the delicious flavors of a fully loaded baked potato including bacon, cheese, sour cream and chives. This creamy potato salad recipe is always the perfect BBQ side dish and a favorite with everyone!
Delicious Potato Side Dish
This potato salad is so good and simple to make. This the side dish recipe is the big hit for picnics, BBQs, or parties. You can serve this recipe with just about anything and it can be whipped up in no time!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Potatoes: I prefer using yellow baby potatoes for this recipe. You can use other small potatoes if you like.
Sour Cream: Using sour cream and mayonnaise will make the recipe super creamy.
Seasonings: Use a combination of garlic powder, onion powder, salt, black pepper, fresh chives, and fresh parsley.
Bacon: I like to cook up some crispy bacon, chop it, and add it to the mix.
How To Make Loaded Potato Salad
Step 1. In a large pot over medium-high heat, add the potatoes and boil in salted water and cook for 10 minute. Wash and rinse the potatoes in cold water and set them aside to reach room temperature.
Step 2. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper, and combine. Add the potatoes into the mixture and toss to combine. Carefully mix in the shredded cheese, bacon, and chives and combine until fully incorporated.
Step 3. Use salt and pepper to adjust the flavor to your liking and garnish with parsley. Place in the fridge for an hour to chill before serving. Enjoy!
What To Serve With Loaded Potato Salad?
I love serving this potato salad by itself, but it pairs well with so many things. I love eating this recipe with chicken, beef, sausage, pork, hotdogs, burgers, and more.
What Can I Add To Loaded Potato Salad?
This recipe is loaded with ingredients and flavor. If you want to add more to the recipe, you can add more veggies like celery, bell peppers, onions, or fresh herbs.
More Salad Recipes:
Loaded Potato Salad
- 3 lbs yellow baby potatoes washed and diced into bite-size pieces
- ¾ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cheddar cheese shredded
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 cooked bacon sliced chopped or crumbled
- 3 Tbsp chives fresh chopped
- 2 Tbsp parsley fresh chopped for garnish
- Add potatoes to a large pot of salted boiling water over medium-high heat, reduce to a simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Drain and rinse potatoes under cold water, and set potatoes aside to cool to room temperature.
- While the potatoes are cooling, mix together the sour cream, mayonnaise, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Toss the cooled potatoes with the sour cream mixture until evenly coated.
- Stir in the shredded cheddar cheese, chopped bacon, and fresh chives until evenly combined.
- Adjust salt and pepper to taste, and garnish with fresh parsley. Chill in the refrigerator for an hour before serving. Enjoy!