Wine Floats are the new trend and they are delicious! During summer we love to eat as many frozen treats as we can. However, we tend to eat ice cream all year round because it’s just that good.
That’s why when I heard about this new trend called wine floats, I just knew I had to try it.
image via stephanie760330/Instagram
Wine is a classic favorite that will never get old. But so is ice cream. So, why not combine them into a mouth-watering drink?
That’s exactly what wine floats are!
Wine floats are exactly like root beer floats. Except instead of root beer, it’s wine. Doesn’t that sound absolutely amazing? It’s the grown-up version of that yummy childhood treat. I like to call them Red Wine Ice Cream Floats!
image via luxiluxyofficia/Instagram
How to Make a Wine Float
- To make a wine float just add your ice cream into a wine glass, then top off with wine. It’s as simple as that!
- To make it even better, simply add whipped cream and a little red cherry to the top and you got the perfect drink for the summer.
- I bet even adding some fruit like blueberries or strawberries would be the extra topping that would make it even better.
- Simply mix together your favorite ice cream and bottle of wine. Or, go for some sherbet.
- Just thinking about this makes me want to run to go grab five different types of ice cream to make the perfect wine float!
image via jj925/Instagram
Most people love to use red wine because it naturally has a fruity flavor. However, do whatever wine you like best! That’s the best part about this drink, you can create your own personal wine float! Just put wine and ice cream together in whatever combo you like. So simple.
I love that you don’t need any fancy ingredients and can be as simple or fancy as you want.
This is definitely a trend I can get behind!
Who wants to try making some wine floats? What flavors are you going to mix together? I cannot wait to try so many different creations!
Wine Float Combinations
Here are a few more delicious combos for you to try after you’ve made a Red Wine Ice Cream Float.
Cupcake Moscato + Vanilla Ice Cream
Champagne + Orange Sherbet (yes, just like a mimosa!)
Rosé + Vanilla Ice Cream
Prosecco + Raspberry Sorbet
Peach Moscato + Vanilla Ice Cream
Other Wine Recipes
- Red Wine chilled
- Ice Cream
- Cherries optional
- Whipped cream optional
- Chill your glass so the ice cream doesn’t melt as quickly.
- Add your ice cream into your cold glass, filling up 2/3 of the way.
- Pour wine over the ice cream to fill.
- Optional: add a dollop of whipped cream and some cherries for garnish.