I always love having the option to make a quick single serve dessert when I am craving something sweet. This Baileys Strawberry Mug Cake is cooked in the microwave and absolutely heavenly! Just a few simple ingredients including Bailey’s strawberry and cream flavor that makes it not only delicious, but so pretty!
Strawberry Mug Cake
This recipe is so quick and simple to make! Its delicious strawberry flavor is to die for and is so addicting. It is ready in no time and the cute pink color is so alluring that everyone will want a bite. I love adding chopped strawberries in and on top with a dollop of my homemade whipped cream. I normally need to double or triple this recipe because everyone is always asking me to make it!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: You will need all-purpose flour for the best results along with baking powder to allow the cake to rise.
Bailey’s: You will need Bailey’s strawberries and cream along with fresh strawberries for more flavor.
Food Coloring Gel: You will need neon pink food coloring gel. I use gel food coloring because it blends into the batter the easiest.
How To Make Strawberry Mug Cake
Step 1. Add the milk, oil, flour, sugar, baking powder, Bailey’s strawberries and cream, and 1 drop of the food coloring into a 12-ounce heat-safe mug and combine until fully incorporated. Cook the batter for 1 minute in the microwave before taking it out. If it looks really shiny, has a slight jiggle, or is runny cook for an additional 10 seconds.
Step 2. Take it out and allow it to cool slightly for 2 minutes. Add a dollop of whipped cream on top with one whole strawberry. Serve and enjoy!
Variations For Baileys Strawberry Mug Cake:
Feel free to use some of the options below to alter this recipe to your liking:
- I love adding Bailey’s, but you can leave it out.
- You can add more or fewer strawberries depending on what you want. You can even remove them completely.
- I use pink food coloring for this recipe, but you can use red if you prefer.
- You can use redi-whip whipped cream or make your own homemade.
Tips & Tricks
- This is a mug cake but will cook in any container that is safe for the microwave.
- You can double or triple the ingredients to make a larger cake if you’d like.
- Any leftovers, if there are any, can be placed in an airtight container for the best storage method. Keep in the fridge and any toppings should be put on only when serving.
More Bailey’s & Mug Cake Recipes:
Bailey’s Strawberry Mug Cake
- 3 Tbsp Milk
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 6 Tbsp Flour
- 2 Tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 3 Tbsp Bailey's Strawberries and Cream
- 1 drop Food Coloring Gel Neon Pink
- Strawberries Fresh, for Garnish
- Whipped Cream
- 1 Strawberry Whole
- In a 12-ounce Microwave safe Mug, add Milk, Oil, Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Bailey’s Strawberries and Cream, and 1 drop of Neon Pink Food Coloring Gel.
- Stir well to combine, and place in Microwave for 1 minute. Remove the Mug from Microwave, and if the top is a little jiggly, looks really shiny, or is halfway runny, place the Mug back in the Microwave for 10 seconds.
- Remove from Microwave, and let stand for 2 minutes to cool slightly. Then top with Whipped Cream and a Whole Strawberry. Serve, and Enjoy!