Brownies are a sweet, moist, and chocolatey dessert that everyone should come to enjoy once in their lifetime. Add in the classic turtle flavors and these Turtle Brownies Recipe would probably be the best decision for you and your family to enjoy together.
Turtle Brownies Recipe
These wonderful Turtle Brownies have a great blend of ingredients for the chewiest, gooiest, and most savory brownies you will take a bite out of. They are super easy to make and they will be done in no time at all. Turtle flavors can make any dessert better like Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake (6-ingredients) and Turtle Cookies
- Butter- You will use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Canola oil- You can use vegetable oil as a substitute and vice versa.
- Sugar– Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your brownie recipe.
- Vanilla extract- You should use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Eggs– Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Flour- You should use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Cocoa powder- This will be used in your batter for that chocolate flavor.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Baking powder- This will allow your brownies to rise in the oven.
- Chocolate chips– You will need to use the semi-sweet and mini chips.
- Heavy whipping cream- Whipping cream is the best for topping off desserts.
- Pecans- You will need to have the pecans chopped.
- Caramel bites- These will be added on top for garnish.
- Salted caramel sauce- You will use this to drizzle on top of your dessert.
How to Make Turtle Brownies
Set the oven to 350 degrees and use Pam to spray a 9×13 baking pan.
Add butter to a medium bowl and melt.
Mix in the melted butter, oil, and sugars to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Add in the eggs and 2 tsp of the vanilla and whisk to combine.
Add the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder to a large bowl and whisk to combine.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients.
Add in the chocolate chips and gently fold.
Add the batter into the prepared pan and for 25-30 minutes, bake in the oven, or until a tester in the center comes out clean.
Set aside to cool thoroughly.
Add the heavy cream into a small pot and bring to a boil.
Add the chocolate chips to a medium bowl and add in the cream and let rest for 1 minute until melted.
Stir together until smooth.
Add about 1/4 c of ganache into a piping bag and 1/4 c of caramel sauce into a separate piping bag.
Evenly pour the rest of the ganache onto the brownies.
Add pecans, chocolate chips, and caramel bits for garnish.
Cut the ends of each of your piping bags and drizzle over the brownies.
Slice into squares and enjoy!
What is Turtle Flavor?
The Turtle flavor is the small pockets of chocolate, caramel, and pecans. These small pocket chunks give the brownies a signature texture.
Can I Make This With a Boxed Mix?
This recipe is making the brownies from scratch but you can use a brownie mix instead and then all of the extra ingredients to make these turtle brownies.
More Brownie Recipes
- Oreo Cheesecake Brownie Bars
- French Silk Brownies
- Milky Way Brownies
- Irish Whiskey Brownies
- Chunky Monkey Brownies
- 1 C unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 ¼ C sugar
- 1 C light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 1 C flour
- 1 C cocoa powder
- ¾ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
Chocolate Ganache ingredients
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 C chopped pecans
- 1 C mini chocolate chips
- 1 C caramel bites
- 1/4 C salted caramel sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 and spray a 9x13 baking pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, melt the butter
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the melted butter, oil, and sugars
- Whisk in the eggs and 2 tsp of vanilla extract
- Using a large bowl whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, and baking powder
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Pour batter into the baking pan and bake in the preheated oven for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow cooling completely
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy cream to a boil
- Pour over the chocolate chips in a medium bowl and let sit for 1 minute
- Whisk until smooth
- Scoop ¼ C of the ganache into the piping bag
- Scoop ¼ C of the salted caramel sauce into the second piping bag
- Spread the remaining chocolate ganache onto the top of the brownies
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans, mini chocolate chips, and caramel bites
- all over the top of the brownies
- Cut the tips off the two piping bags and drizzle both over the brownies
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
- 2 disposable piping bag