Cookies were an invention that changes the world. The possibilities of flavor and texture for cookies are phenomenal. And, this new Chocolate Peppermint Cookies will show you just that. You can share this recipe with your family and it is sure to become a favorite in your household.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
This Chocolate Peppermint Cookies recipe is so delicious! This cookie is packed with flavor! Mixed in this amazing cookie is sugar, cinnamon, cocoa, peppermint, and espresso. Such a wonderful combination of flavors that your loved ones will fall in love with. Be sure to keep this recipe handy for other special occasions.
Peppermint plus mocha are a flavor combination that is perfect for the holidays! Maybe it’s the coolness of the peppermint? Or maybe it’s the coffee that’s keeping us hopping? Whatever it is, it definitely works! If you are a fan of chocolate, peppermint, and mocha then I have a few recipes that you might really enjoy! Like my Peppermint Mocha Bundt Cake for example. This cake is really scrumptious. Another must-try recipe is my Boozy Peppermint Mocha. A recipe that is a family favorite is my Peppermint Cheesecake that I make in my Instant Pot.
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Butter- Use unsalted to control the amount of salt.
- Sugar- Every great treat or dessert uses sugar in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add more flavor and moisture to the cookies.
- Eggs– Be sure to have the eggs at room temperature.
- Peppermint extract- Be sure to use pure peppermint for the best flavoring.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Cocoa powder- You will need to use unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Cream of tartar– This will help with a creamier consistency in the batter.
- Baking soda- This will allow your cookies to rise in the oven.
- Baking powder- This will help with the doubling of your ingredients.
- Salt- The salt will bring out all the flavors in the cookies.
- Ground cinnamon- Ground your own cinnamon for the best taste.
- Chocolate chips- This will be melted for the ganache.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will help with the consistency of your ganache.
- Espresso powder- This will be added to the ganache for more flavor.
- Peppermint candy- These will need to be crushed to add on top of the cookies.
How to Make Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use parchment paper to line 2 baking sheets.
Add the butter and sugars into a large bowl and beat until creamy and combined.
One at a time, add in your eggs until combined.
Add in the peppermint and beat to combine.
Add in the flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in a separate large bowl and whisk to combine.
Slowly add the two bowls of ingredients together and mix until a dough forms.
Add 1 C of sugar and 1 tsp. of cinnamon to a small bowl and whisk to combine.
Scoop up about 1 1/2 tbsp of the dough using a small ice cream scooper and roll the dough in your hands to form a ball.
Roll the ball into the cinnamon/sugar mix and coat evenly.
Put onto the prepared baking sheets.
Put in the oven and for 10-12 minutes, bake in the oven or until the edges and center is fully set and soft.
Add the whipping cream and espresso powder to a small pot and bring to a simmer.
Add the chocolate chips into a heat-safe bowl and pour the cream on top and whisk the mixture until smooth and melted.
Dunk the cookies into the melted chocolate and shake them slightly to remove any excess chocolate drip.
Add some peppermint crushed candy on top and Serve!
Can I Make These Cookies Ahead?
You can indeed make these cookies ahead of time. However, making everything fresh and right on the spot will give the best results. You would also need to reheat the ganache, but if time is scarce, do go ahead and make it ahead of time.
What Gives These the Mocha Flavor?
The mocha flavor is the best part of these chocolate peppermint cookies. The mocha flavor is a blend of a few ingredients. The ganache is what mainly gives off the mocha flavor because of the blend of espresso powder and heavy whipping cream.
MORE COOKIE RECIPES
Peppermint White Chocolate Cookies
Chocolate Peppermint Mocha Cookies
- 1 C butter softened
- 1 C sugar
- ½ C light brown sugar packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp pure peppermint extract
- 2 ¾ C flour
- ½ C unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 ½ tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 C of sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon sugar
- 1 C chocolate chips
- 1/2 C heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp espresso powder
- 2 C crushed peppermint candy
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, brown sugar, and sugar until combined and creamy
- Beat in the eggs, 1 at a time until combined
- Beat in the peppermint
- Using another large bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, cream of tartar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Gradually mix in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until combined and a dough forms
- Using a small bowl, whisk together the 1 C of sugar and 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Using a small ice cream scooper, scoop out about 1 ½ tbsp of cookie dough
- Roll into a ball in your hands
- Coat cookie dough ball in the cinnamon-sugar mixture
- Place onto the cookie tray
- Place into the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the edges are set and the middle looks soft
- Using a small pot, bring the heavy whipping cream and espresso powder to a simmer
- Pour over the chocolate chips and whisk until smooth
- Dip the top of the cookies into the ganache and shake to remove extra chocolate
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy on top
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 1 disposable piping bag
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.