Christmas Cookie Bars
Christmas is just around the corner, and craziness is looking us all right in the eye. Rushing to buy presents, planning get-togethers, and counting heads to see how much food we need to bring. All the fun of Christmas! But, to make your holiday a bit better, this Christmas Cookie Bars recipe can be another addition to fill the tummies of your loved ones.
Christmas Cookie Bars
These Cookie Bars are so delicious and packed with all sorts of flavor! Filled with sugar, vanilla, M&M’s, chocolate chips, and sprinkles. This recipe takes just under half an hour to prepare and will be perfect for a Christmas buffet or little goodie bags for your loved ones. Be sure to keep this one handy, I’m sure your family and friends will be expecting this recipe next Christmas.
I think my favorite thing about cookie bars are that they are perfect for any occasion and that they are so easy to make! If you are looking for other yummy bar recipe ideas, check out my S’Mores Cookie Bars Recipe. Another bar recipe that my family loves is my Mint Oreo Cookie Bars. And like with all recipes, we need a simple go-to that isn’t too terribly hard to make and satisfies our cravings and for us, that is my Chocolate Chip Bar Recipe. Simple, quick, and oh so good!
- Butter- You will need to use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Light brown sugar- This will add richness to your cookie bars.
- Sugar- Every great dessert or treat has sugar in the recipe.
- Egg- Be sure to use a room temperature egg.
- Vanilla extract- Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Baking soda- This will allow your bars to rise in the oven.
- Baking powder- This will help with the doubling of your ingredients.
- Salt- This will bring out all the flavors in your bars.
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- M&M’s- You will need to use red and green M&M’s for this recipe.
- Christmas sprinkles- They should be red, green, and white.
- Chocolate chips– You will need semi-sweet chocolate chips.
How to Make Christmas Cookie Bars
Set your oven to 375 degrees and use parchment paper to line a 9×9 inch baking dish.
Add the butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla into a standing mixer and cream together until combined.
Add the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt into a large bowl and whisk until combined.
Slowly combine the two bowls of ingredients and whisk until fully incorporated.
Use a measuring cup to measure out 3/4 C of M&M’s and 3/4 C of sprinkles and fold into the batter.
Add the dough to the prepared baking dish and press down.
Add the rest of the M&M’s and sprinkles on top of the bars and place in the pre-heated oven to bake for 20-25 minutes or until a golden brown.
Take out and let the bars cool before cutting and serving.
What Mix-In Can Go In Cookie Bars?
You can really add whatever you please to enhance any recipe. However, this Christmas bar recipe is perfect the way it is. You can choose to add nuts, or rice krispies, and more for more texture and flavor.
Do Christmas Bars Have to Be Refrigerated?
This Christmas Cookie Bars recipe can be left out at room temperature. Be sure to seal in an airtight container to keep them from getting too hard. But, also remember placing them in the fridge will help with a longer shelf life as well.
More Cookie Bar Recipes
- Cheesecake Cookie Bars (7-ingredients)
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Mint Oreo Cookie Bars
- S’mores Cookie Bars Recipe
Christmas Cookie Bars
- ½ C butter softened
- ½ C light brown sugar packed
- ¼ C sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 C flour
- 1 C red M&M’s
- 1 C green M&M’s
- 1 ½ C red green, and white Christmas sprinkles
- 1 C semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375° and line a 9x9 baking dish with parchment paper
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, brown sugar, sugar, egg, and vanilla until combined
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt until combined
- Gradually whisk in the dry ingredients into the wet until combined
- Fold in ¾ c M&M’s and chocolate chips
- Fold in ¾ c of the Christmas sprinkles
- Press the dough into the baking dish
- Sprinkle the remaining M&M’s, chocolate chips, and sprinkles on top
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes or until lightly brown
- Remove and allow to cool completely before cutting into bars