This is a glazed Christmas Ham that is cooked to perfection ham that is juicy and flavored with orange juice, orange zest, and pomegranate seeds.
Delicious Glazed Ham
This recipe is so good and simple to make! The ingredients combine together to make a shiny glaze on top that tastes amazing! The sweet and savory flavors blend so well together and make this the perfect Christmas Ham. The aroma from this recipe will fill up the house while it cooks!
Another Holiday favorite is our Brown Sugar Pineapple Ham made in the Slow Cooker.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Ham: You will want to use a spiral sliced bone-in ham for this recipe. I prefer using this for the best results.
Orange: To add citrus flavor to the ham, I like to use orange juice and zest.
Sweeteners: To sweeten the ham up a bit, I like to combine brown sugar and honey which will also help the shininess of the glaze.
Pomegranate Seeds: I like adding these on top of the ham for a more sweet and fresh burst of flavor with every bite.
How To Make Christmas Ham
Step 1. Set the oven to 325 degrees and take out the ham and drain most of the liquid from the package. You will want to save about 1 cup of the liquid. In a large baking dish or roasting pan, place the ham in with a cup of liquid. Add the orange juice, brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon into a large bowl or measuring cup and combine before adding half of the mixture on top of the ham. Save the other half for later.
Step 2. Put the baking dish into the oven for 2-2 1/2 hours or 20 minutes per pound to cook. Get your glaze ready for the last 30 minutes the ham needs to cook. Add the orange juice mixture from earlier into a large pot and cook on medium heat until it begins to boil, then turn the heat down to medium-low. Constantly whisk the mixture so it doesn’t boil over. Allow the mixture to cook for 10-15 minutes or until it begins to thick. Take away from heat and allow it to cool slightly.
Step 3. When your ham is ready, take it out of the oven and place it on a serving tray. Add the prepared glaze on top of the ham. Garnish with orange zest, pomegranate seeds, and parsley. Cut and serve!
What To Serve With Christmas Ham?
You can serve this incredible recipe on Christmas or Thanksgiving with a buffet of food! I love having this recipe with green bean casserole, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and tons more!
What To Do With Leftover Christmas Ham?
If you have any recipes that use ham, you can add this delicious Ham recipe to them. I love making leftover Ham Sandwiches, Ham salads, or just enjoying any leftovers for more glazed ham dinners for the week.
More Ham Recipes:
- Ham Casserole Recipe
- Orange Glazed Ham Recipe
- Dr Pepper Ham (Slow Cooker)
- Hot Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- Remove your ham from the package and discard most of the liquid from the packaging, saving about a cup.
- Place your ham cut side in a large baking dish or roasting pan. Add the cup of the reserved liquid to the dish too.
- In a large bowl or measuring cup combine the orange juice, brown sugar, honey, and cinnamon.
- Pour half of this mixture over the ham, reserving the other half.
- Place the ham into the oven to cook for 2 to 2 ½ hours (20 minutes per pound)
- During the last hour of baking, prepare your glaze.
- In a large pot or deep pan pour the remaining orange juice mixture.
- Over medium heat bring this mixture up to a boil and reduce to medium-low.
- Whisk this mixture constantly making sure it does not bubble over.
- You want this to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until it thickens.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
- When your ham is cooked through, remove it from the oven and transfer the ham to a serving dish.
- Pour the thickened glaze all over the ham.
- Sprinkle the ham with the orange zest, pomegranate seeds, and parsley.
- Carve and serve!