Have you ever heard of Layered Jello Salad? Have you ever tried it before? If not, then I suggest that you try my recipe! It’s so delicious and perfect for summer time. With different flavors of Jello, this is what makes it such an amazing salad. Try different flavor combinations to have a delicious Jello dessert that you will never get bored with.
Layered Jello Salad
This jello salad is so good and will have you reminiscing about days where your mom or grandma served jello salad for dinner or other occasions. Jello salad is very popular and comes with tons of flavor and colors. Anyone no matter what age will enjoy this amazing recipe. If you are looking for another dessert salad recipe, Easy Orange Creamsicle Salad or Strawberry Pretzel Salad.
- Lime Jello- This will be used for the top layer.
- Lemon Jello- This will be used for the bottom layer.
- Strawberry Jello- This will be used for the third layer.
- Orange Jello- This will be the second layer.
- Water- You will need boiling water for this recipe.
- Cream Cheese- Use softened or room temperature.
- Pineapple- You will need crushed pineapple for this recipe.
- Cool Whip- This will need to be thawed and divided into 4ths.
How to Make Layered Jello Salad
First, place each colored jello into 4 separate medium bowls.
Secondly, slice the cream cheese into 4 portions and add to each bowl.
Thirdly, place water into a pot to boil, then add 1/4 cup into each jello bowl, then combine all the bowls until the jello and cream cheese is dissolved.
Next, drain the pineapple and separate it into 4 portions, then add into each bowl and combine.
After, take out the cool whip and separate into 4 portions and add it into the bowl and combine.
Add the first layer of lime jello into the mold and place in the freezer for 1 hour until set.
While the layer is chilling, keep the other bowls in the fridge.
Next, take the jello mold out and pour the strawberry on top and place it back into the freezer for 1 hour.
Then, remove the strawberry layer from the freezer and add the orange layer, and place it in the freezer for another hour.
Finally, take out the orange layer when set and pour the lemon jello on top, and place it into the freezer until it is ready to serve.
To serve, using hot water, run along the side of the mold for a few minutes and then, dry with a towel before flipping onto a serving dish.
Slice into 1-2 inch pieces or use a spoon to scoop.
Serve and Enjoy!
What is Layered Jello Salad?
Layered Jello Salad is exactly how it sounds. This recipe is layering different types of jello into a jello mold. Then, the recipe is combined with cream cheese for a nice consistency.
Can I Use Whipped Cream Instead of Cool Whip?
No, you can’t use whipped cream in replace of cool whip. This recipe specifically calls for the cool whip. The whipped cream will not hold up as well and will breakk down and become runny.
More Salad Recipes:
Layered Jello Salad
- 2 Tablespoons of Lime Jello
- 2 Tablespoons of Lemon Jello
- 2 Tablespoons of Strawberry Jello
- 2 Tablespoons of Orange Jello
- 1 1/2 cups of boiling water
- 1 package of Cream Cheese - 8 ounces - softened - divided
- 1 can of crushed Pineapple - drained - 15 - 16 ounces
- 1 16 ounces tub of Cool Whip - thawed - divided in fourths - see instructions
- Set four medium-size bowls on the counter, and place the Lime Jello in one, Lemon Jello in one, Strawberry Jello in one, and Orange Jello in one. Cut the softened Cream Cheese into 4 equal parts, and place a piece of cream cheese in each bowl. Boil the water, and pour 1/4 cup of boiling water into each bowl, over the Jello and Cream Cheese. Stir the Jello and cream cheese until the Jello is dissolved, and the cream cheese has melted. Open the can of crushed Pineapple, and drain the juice from the Pineapple. Divide the crushed Pineapple into 4 equal parts, and add the Pineapple evenly to the four different bowls of Jello and cream cheese. Stir to combine. Divide the container of Cool Whip into four equal parts, about 4 ounces each, and add the Cool Whip to the bowls, evenly. Stir to combine,
- In a Jello mold, pour the bowl of Lime Jello mixture into the mold. and place the mold in the freezer for about 1 hour, or until set to the touch. Place the other bowls of Jello in the refrigerator When the Lime layer is set, remove the mold from the freezer, and pour the Strawberry layer of Jello mixture into the mold. Place the mold back in the freezer for about an hour. When the Strawberry layer is set, Pour the Orange Jello mixture into the mold, on top of the Strawberry layer, and place the mold back in the freezer for about an hour. When the Orange layer is set, pour the Lemon layer on top of the Orange layer, and place the mold back in the freezer, and leave it in the freezer until time to serve. Just before serving, run hot water on the outside of the Jello mold for a few seconds, dry the mold off, and invert the mold onto a serving plate. Cut into 1 - 2 inch slices, or scoop with a spoon. Serve, and Enjoy!
- 1 Jello mold
- 4 Medium size bowls