Easy Maple Pecan Bars
Do you want a quick and on the go recipe to enjoy? This Easy Maple Pecan Bars Recipe is a wonderful treat you can have as a snack for any occasion. You can share this recipe with friends and family to enjoy or keep them all to yourself.
Easy Maple Pecan Bars
This Easy Maple Pecan Bars Recipe has fairly simple directions to follow and will be made in no time. The maple and pecan flavors in the bar will go together so well. These bars are perfect for fall or anytime you want a delicious sweet treat.
- Shortbread Crust- This will be used for the base to hold the ingredients together.
- Powdered sugar- The powdered sugar sweetens the dessert.
- Flour- All purpose flour is best to use.
- Butter- You want to make sure to use unsalted to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out all the flavors in your recipe.
- Vanilla extract- Be sure to use pure vanilla for best flavoring.
- Pecan Pie Filling- You should be able to find this in the baking aisle.
- Maple syrup- I recommend using pure maple syrup but either will work
- Light brown sugar- This will add a richer flavor to your ingredients.
- Heavy whipping cream- This will be used to make the glaze top of your dessert.
- Pecans- You want your pecans to be coarsely chopped
How to Make Maple Pecan Bars
Line a baking pan with parchment paper 8×8 in size and preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
Beat together the powdered sugar, flour, salt, vanilla, and butter in a large bowl using a hand mixer until mixed and looks
Knead and form the dough into a ball.
Press the finished dough into the bottom of the pan to form your crust.
You want to bake your crust for about 15-20 minutes.
Pecan Pie Filling
Combine over medium heat, the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup in a medium saucepan.
Mix until fully melted and the sugar is completely dissolved.
Let your ingredients rise to a slight boil and cook for about 1 minute.
Take off the heat and mix in the heavy whipping cream.
Evenly spread your mixture onto your crust.
For 30-40 minutes, bake in the oven until the ingredients are set.
Once done, let cool thoroughly before placing in the fridge overnight.
Whisk together until smooth and combined, the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream in a large mixing bowl.
Add over your bars.
Garnish your bars with the prepared and chopped pecans.
Let your glaze rest for about an hour before cutting and Dig in!
Can I Use Maple Flavoring For These?
Yes, you can use maple flavoring for these for that additional taste. However, this recipe does have maple syrup used inside the ingredients for the bars as well. If you choose also, the glaze has maple as well.
How Long are Maple Pecan Bars Good For?
At room temperature though, they will only last for about a week. If you want to prepare the bars ahead of time though for a holiday or just want them to last longer. They can be put in the freezer and last for up to a month!
More Maple Flavored Recipes
- Pancake and Maple Bacon Cupcakes
- Butternut Squash Cake with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting
- Maple Snickerdoodles & Soft and Chewy
- Pumpkin Pie Croissants with Maple Glaze
- Maple Sausage Corn Muffins
Maple Pecan Bars
- ½ C powdered sugar
- 1 C plus ¼ C flour
- 9 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter
- ⅛ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pecan Pie Filling
- 6 tbsp unsalted sweet cream butter softened
- ⅓ C maple syrup
- ⅔ C light brown sugar packed
- ⅓ C heavy whipping cream
- 2 C coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¾ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ C chopped pecans
Shortbread Crust Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 and line a 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper
- Using a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat together the powdered sugar, flour, salt, vanilla and butter until combined and it looks like crumbs
- Mold the dough into a ball
- Press the dough into the baking dish to form a crust
- Bake the crust in the oven for 15-20 minutes
Pecan Pie Filling Directions
- Using a medium saucepan over medium to high heat, combine the butter, brown sugar and maple syrup
- Stir the mixture until melted and the sugar is dissolved
- Bring to a slight boil and allow to boil for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and stir in the heavy whipping cream
- Fold in the chopped pecans
- Pour over the shortbread crust and spread evenly
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 or until the mixture is set!
- Allow to cool to room temperature before moving into the fridge overnight
Maple Glaze Directions
- Using a large bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar, maple syrup, vanilla extract, and heavy whipping cream until combined and smooth
- Pour over the cooled bars
- Sprinkle the chopped pecans onto the bars
- Allow glaze to set for 1 hour before cutting and enjoying!