Get ready to switch up your Taco nights with this delicious Taco Soup! This soup is so flavorful and a great hearty meal for feeding a crowd of people or to serve to your family.
Stovetop Taco Soup
This is a recipe that will for sure be a favorite, why? Well, what’s the fastest way to consume a taco? Turn it into soup! This flavor-packed recipe is so good and easy to make and great for lunch, dinner, or other occasions where you need a warm and delicious soup. If a tasty recipe is what you need and you love tacos, then be sure to try this Taco Lasagna and this amazing Taco Tater Tot Casserole.
- Ground Chuck– Use this or any other meat of your choice.
- Onion– Use chopped red or white onion.
- Ranch Seasoning– Use this for additional flavoring.
- Taco Seasoning– Use premade or homemade seasoning for flavoring.
- Beans– Use drained and rinsed Pinto beans for this recipe.
- Corn– Use drained frozen or canned corn.
- Ranch Style Beans– Use the liquid in the beans as well.
- Tomatoes– Use petite and dices tomatoes with liquid.
- Broth– Use beef broth for the base of the soup.
- Sour Cream– Use this for a creamier soup consistency.
How to Make Taco Soup
To start, add the ground beef ad onion into a large saucepan and heat on medium until the meat isn’t pink and the onions become translucent. (should take about 5-10 minutes)
Secondly, use a lid to place on top and drain the fat.
Thirdly, put in all of the ingredients besides the sour cream.
Next, cook the ingredients for about 20 minutes.
Afterward, take away from the heat and add in the sour cream, and mix.
Finally, top with your favorite ingredients. (cheese, jalapenos, etc)
Can I substitute the meat in this taco soup?
Yes, this taco soup can be made with any meat of your choice. Any meat you add to this recipe will be amazing either way! Put in chicken, beef, pork, turkey, and even plant-based meats.
What to Serve With Taco Soup?
This taco soup is warm and great with cooler sides. You can enjoy this recipe with things like salad, crispy bread, tortillas, and more. I recommend tortillas because it’s just the best fit for tacos and taste the best.
More Taco Recipes:
- Crunchwrap Supreme (Taco Bell Copycat)
- Instant Pot Chicken Tacos
- Cheesy Taco Spaghetti
- Fritos Taco Salad
Easy Taco Soup
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 tablespoon Ranch seasoning
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- 1 can Pinto beans drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn drained
- 1 can ranch style beans with liquid
- 1 can petite diced tomatoes with liquid
- 1 canned tomatos with green chilis with liquid
- 1½ cups Beef broth
- ½ cup sour cream
- Toppings: Jalapenos Mexican style shredded cheese, Cilantro, Sour cream
- In a large saucepot over medium heat, add ground beef and onions and cook until meat is no longer pink, and onions are translucent about 5- 10 minutes.
- Drain fat from meat mixture.
- Add all other ingredients to the pot except for the sour cream.
- Stir and cook until heated through, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in sour cream.
- Serve with desired toppings.