Easy Tater Tot Casserole
This is seriously the BEST Tater Tot Casserole recipe and it’s so easy to make! Always a winner with the entire family (including the little ones).
Love easy casserole dishes like we do? Make sure to try this Slow Cooker Hash Brown Casserole , Mexican Tater Tot Casserole, and Cheeseburger Tater Tot Casserole. Belly filling, simple to make, hearty dishes are always a family favorite.
Tater Tot Casserole
We absolutely love easy dinner recipes like this that you can whip up in about 10 minutes. I am a mom of 3 boys that are in sports and dinners like this are a life saver. The activities they are involved with seem to be never ending and it’s so helpful to have a handful of tried and true recipes like this on hand for those busy months. This sure beats eating out and no one will ever know how quick this is to prepare.
This easy tater tot casserole recipe is also great because it only takes just a handful of ingredients that most of us already have on hand. You can also add in other veggies like corn, peas, etc…or even leave them out. Just adapt with whatever your family prefers. We like this with green beans.
Tips To Make This Tater Tot Casserole
- You will need a 9×13 baking pan or a large rectangle casserole dish.
- I prefer to use freshly grated cheese and think it makes the cheese melt a lot better. Grating cheese really doesn’t take that long and I think it’s worth it.
- You can replace the ground beef with ground turkey and it will be just fine. We have done this many times.
- The grated cheese can be added before the tater tots or on top of the tater tots. We have made this both ways. The best thing about this recipe is you can tweek it in lots of ways for what you prefer.
Other Delicious Casserole Recipes:
Tater Tot Casserole
- 16 oz Frozen Tater Tots
- 1 pd Ground Beef
- 1/2 sweet onion, diced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (14.5 oz) can green beans (drained)
- 2 cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cook and stir ground beef and diced onion in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink and completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes; season with a pinch of salt and black pepper.
- Stir cream of mushroom soup and green beans into the cooked ground beef; pour the mixture into a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Layer tater tots evenly over the ground beef mixture; top with Cheddar cheese, or you can add the cheese on top of the beef mixture before the tater tots....which ever one you prefer.
- Bake until tater tots are golden brown and hot, about 40 minutes.