The Easiest Skillet Lasagna Recipe
We could all use a recipe here and there when we have a busy day or things are just a bit too hectic around the house. Something quick and easy to fill the tummies of your family. This Skillet Lasagna Recipe is going to be a great addition to your dinner.
Skillet Lasagna Recipe
This Skillet Lasagna is so delicious! Full of meat, cheese, and vegetables. This lasagna is very flavorful and filled with seasonings. This recipe is very quick and easy to follow along with. You will have this recipe made in half an hour and it will taste just as good as a restaurant. Be sure to keep this recipe handy to share with your friends!
Quick and easy meals are what life is all about. Sure, it’s one thing on the weekends to spend time creating a meal that involves multiple steps and pans, however, during the week? One skillet meals like our lasagna recipe work perfectly!
If you are looking for additional meals that only use one skillet, I have a few that might just become new family favorites. My Beef Burrito Skillet is a new dish that would work perfectly for Taco Tuesdays! Craving a Philly Cheesesteak but don’t have any bread on hand? My Skillet Philly Cheesesteak Casserole is so good and will take care of that desire in no time! Even though this is a one-pan dinner idea, my Strawberry and Cream Sheet Pan recipe is a wonderful meal idea when you are wanting breakfast for dinner!
- Ground beef– This will be added to your lasagna for meat.
- Onion powder– This will be added for additional taste.
- Oregano– You will need to use dried oregano for this recipe.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your recipe.
- Diced Tomatoes- You will need to have your tomatoes diced.
- Beef- You will need to use beef flavored broth for this recipe.
- Lasagna noodles- You will need about 10 uncooked lasagna noodles, broken into pieces (I used Barilla).
- Cream cheese- You will need to use softened or room temperature.
- Heavy cream– This will be added to the cheese mixture to help with consistency.
- Parmesan cheese– You can grate your own cheese for the best taste.
- Mozzarella cheese- These will need to be divided (one half cubed, one half sliced).
How to Make the Best Skillet Lasagna
Add the ground beef to a large pan and place over medium-high heat. Cook until the meat is no longer pink and begins to break up with a spoon.
Add the seasonings into the pan and mix until the onion powder, oregano, and salt are fully combined.
Add in the diced tomatoes and bring the ingredients to a boil.
Put in the noodles and stir until the noodles are covered in the liquid.
For 15-20 minutes, cook on medium-low heat, and every 5 minutes or so, mix so the noodles don’t stick together.
Once finished cooking and the noodles are done, mix in the mozzarella, parmesan, heavy cream, and cream cheese until everything is fully incorporated.
Add mozzarella slices on top and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes covered on medium-high heat to melt.
For 5-10 minutes just let it rest in the pan before serving. It will set and become more stable.
You can serve with fresh basil and more parmesan.
What Pasta Works in Skillet Lasagna?
This Skillet Lasagna could be made with different types of pasta. For this recipe, to accurately make it into a lasagna, you will need to use lasagna noodles. But, if you do not have them, you could use any other pasta you want and still have the flavor of lasagna.
What Meats Can I Add to This Recipe?
This Skillet Lasagna tastes the best with the ground beef used in the recipe. However, you can choose to use other meats or add no meat at all if you are vegetarian. You can replace it with chicken, turkey, or pork.
MORE PASTA RECIPES
Skilet Lasagna Recipe
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can 28 ounces diced tomatoes
- 2 ½ cups beef broth
- 10 uncooked lasagna noodles broken into pieces (I used Barilla)
- ¼ cup cream cheese soft
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese divided (one half cubed, one half sliced)
- Heat a big pan over medium-high heat and add the ground beef. Cook until no longer pink, breaking it up with a spoon
- Add the onion powder, oregano, and salt and stir
- Pour in diced tomatoes and broth and bring to a boil
- Add lasagna noodles to the pan
- Give it a good stir so all noodles are covered with liquid and cook with the lid on medium-low heat for 15-20 minutes. Stir every 5 minutes to prevent the noodles from sticking together. Don´t skip that step (note 1)
- Once the noodles are cooked al dente stir in the cubed mozzarella, parmesan, heavy cream, and cream cheese and mix everything
- Top with the mozzarella slices and cook for another 1-2 minutes with the lid on medium-high heat to melt the mozzarella cheese.
- Let it rest for 5-10 minutes before serving. It will set and become more stable.
- Serve hot with chopped basil and more parmesan cheese if wanted