Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This Copycat Olive Garden Chicken Gnocchi Soup recipe is a game-changer for soups. The consistency, flavor, and ingredients are unmatched with any other soup in my opinion. Skip going out to eat and enjoy this soup at home.
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
This Chicken soup is so delicious and has such a melt-in-your-mouth flavor. This recipe has a ton of seasonings and veggies to have a great texture and flavor. The gnocchi is soft and adds a great texture to compliment the soup as well as added chicken. Soups are a great appetizer or can even be a full meal for dinner. So, if you love this recipe, I recommend trying this Chicken Pot Pie Soup with Noodles or Instant Pot Chili Lime Chicken Soup which you can use any leftover chicken you may have.
- Oil- You will need olive oil for this recipe.
- Onion- You will need a diced medium yellow or white onion.
- Celery- This will need to be diced as well.
- Carrots- You can buy pre-shredded or shred your own.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in your soup.
- Pepper- This will be used for taste.
- Garlic Cloves- These will need to be minced.
- Thyme- You can use fresh or dried thyme, if you use fresh, be sure to throw out the sprigs.
- Chicken- You will need boneless and skinless chicken.
- Gnocchi- You can buy premade or find a recipe for homemade gnocchi.
- Spinach- You will need fresh spinach for this recipe.
How to Make Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Place oil in a dutch oven and cook over medium-high heat.
Put in the onions, celery, and carrots.
Add in the salt and pepper to your desired taste.
Cook the onions until they are clear, so about 3-4 minutes.
Put in the garlic and thyme and saute for an additional minute or until fragrant.
Put in the cooked chicken and broth. Bring to a boil.
Reduce the temp and bring to a simmer.
Add in the gnocchi and cook for another 10 minutes.
Pour in half and half, then the spinach.
Cook for another 2 minutes before serving.
Can I Use Frozen Gnocchi for This Soup?
You can use frozen gnocchi for this recipe. You can also make homemade gnocchi if you have a favorite gnocchi recipe. Be sure to thaw out the gnocchi before placing in the soup.
Can This Be Made in the Instant Pot?
This recipe can be made in an Instant Pot. Add in the ingredients the same way by cooking the veggies, then adding the seasonings, chicken, and broth, then half and half with the spinach. I have not tested the timing on cooking this recipe in the Instant Pot, however.
More Soup Recipes:
- Creamy Ham Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Tortellini Soup Recipe
- Beer Cheese Soup with Garlic Cheese Toast
- Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup – Low Carb
Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- 1 ½ tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion diced (white or yellow)
- 2 celery diced
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- Kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 teaspoon thyme dried or fresh if using fresh thyme sprigs be sure to discard before serving.
- 2-3 boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and diced
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 16 ounces potato gnocchi 1 store-bought package
- 1 ½ cups half and half
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- Heat oil in a dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add diced onions, celery, and shredded carrots. Season with kosher salt and freshly cracked pepper to your liking. Saute until the onions are translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and thyme and saute for another minute or until fragrant.
- Add the cooked chicken and chicken broth to the pot. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to simmer. Stir in gnocchi and continue to cook for 10 minutes.
- Add half and half and spinach. Let it cook for an additional 2 minutes before serving.