This amazing Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup is easy to make and absolutely delicious. This flavorful soup tastes like it has slow cooked all day, in a very short amount of time. You are going to love this Low-carb and Keto friendly soup!
Another Instant Pot Soup you will love is Instant Pot Stuffed Pepper Soup.
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
This is a great recipe for Keto Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup. Using the Instant Pot, the flavors are infused and has it done in no time. It’s creamy and delicious, and this is a great healthy meal on a chilly night, or when you’re staying in on the weekend. Be sure to put this one in your favorites.
Ingredients You Will Need
(full amounts in recipe box below)
- Broccoli florets
- Sweet onion
- Italian flat leaf parsley
- Chicken broth
- Coarse ground garlic salt
- Seasoned pepper
- Seasoned salt
- Half n half
- Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Swiss cheese
How to Make Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
Set the Instant Pot to saute and melt the butter.
Add the onion and saute them until they are golden brown. Then add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
Turn off the saute setting.
Add the chicken broth and stir well. Scrape the bottom of the pot and deglaze it.
Put the broccoli, parsley, garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, and paprika. Stir them all together.
Place the lid on the Instant Pot making sure it is set to Sealing and turn the pressure on for 8 minutes.
After the cook time is done, let the pressure cooker do a natural release.
Stir in the soup, and then add the half and half, Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, Parmesan Cheese and Swiss Cheese. Stir well and let the cheese melt.
If you want a creamier soup, use an immersion blender.
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli for Broccoli Cheddar Soup?
YES! You can definitely use frozen broccoli in place of fresh broccoli. When using frozen broccoli, the texture is a little different and some people prefer to use the immersion blender to make it a creamier soup.
What Cheese Is Best for The Keto Diet?
The best part of this Keto soup is the cheese. It is so creasy and delicious. I like to add a lot of cheese, so I use a variety of cheese: Cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Swiss cheese.
Other Low-Carb Recipe You Will Love
Instant Pot Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- 8 cups of Broccoli florets
- 1 large sweet onion - chopped
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1/3 cup of Italian flat leaf parsley - finely minced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 1 Tablespoon of coarse ground garlic salt
- 1 Tablespoon of seasoned pepper
- 1 teaspoon of seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 Tablespoon of butter
- AFTER SOUP IS COOKED:
- 2 cups of half n half
- 4 cups of Colby Jack cheese - shredded
- 2 cups of Parmesan cheese - shredded
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- Press the Saute button on the Instant Pot, and melt the butter.
- Add the chopped onion, and Saute until onion turns golden brown.
- Add the minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Turn off the saute setting.
- Add the chicken broth, and stir well, scraping the bottom of the pot to remove any bits of onion or garlic that may be stuck.
- Add the Broccoli, parsley, garlic salt, seasoned salt, seasoned pepper, and Paprika, and stir all together.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot until it beeps and locks.
- Make sure the pressure valve is set to 'SEALING', and press the MANUAL button, and set the time for 8 minutes.
- Let the pressure build and release naturally.
- When the Instant pot is done cooking, it will beep and go to OFF.
- Make sure all the pressure has been released by turning the pressure valve from sealing to VENTING.
- Make sure the float valve is down, and remove the lid to the Instant Pot.
- Stir the soup, then add the half n half, Colby jack cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Swiss cheese.
- Stir well to combine all ingredients, and melt the cheese.
- Allow the soup to sit for 10 minutes. Stir again, and serve. Enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.