Pecan Pie is a traditional pie that is popular in many areas. It is one of my absolute favorite recipes and now it’s easier than ever to make in the form of bars. These Pecan Pie Bars have a simple crust with a delicious and delectable brown sugar, butter, and pecan filling that goes on top!
Nutty Pie Bars
This sweet and nutty dessert is so good and easy to make! With just a few ingredients for the crust and filling, you can have this prepped and ready to bake in just 30 minutes. Then, you just pop them in the oven to bake to ooey-gooey perfection.
Each bar is filled with pecans so that every bite is moist and crunchy at the same time. This tasty dessert will just melt in your mouth! You and anyone who you share them with will absolutely love this recipe!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Sugar: You will need two types of sugar, granulated sugar for the crust and dark brown sugar for the filling. You will also need light corn syrup as an additional sweetener.
Extract: I use a combination of vanilla and almond extract for more flavor.
Pecans: I cut my pecans in half but you can leave them whole or chop them.
How To Make Pecan Pie Bars
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees and use baking spray to grease a 9×13-inch baking dish. Add the browned butter, granulated sugar, and salt into a large bowl and whisk to combine. Gradually add in the flour and combine until moist and crumbly. Press the dough into the prepared baking pan covering the base of the pan in an even layer. Place into the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Step 2. Prepare the filling while the crust bakes. Add the melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract into a large bowl and combine until smooth. Put in the pecans and fold to combine. Take the crust out of the oven and add the filling to it while it’s still warm. Place the pan back into the oven for an additional 30-35 minutes or until golden brown on top and it no longer wiggles. Let them cool thoroughly before cutting. Serve and enjoy!
How To Make Browned Butter?
In a medium saucepan, add the cubed butter and cook on medium-high heat. Mix constantly until melted. Allow the butter to simmer until the solids settle to the base of the pan. It will become a reddish-brown pigment. It will take about 8-12 minutes to cook the butter. Take it away from the heat and pour it into a bowl right away to halt the cooking process.
Can I Use Melted Butter Instead Of Browned Butter For Pecan Pie Bars?
Yes! You can use melted butter in place of brown butter instead. Although, the bars will be missing that rich browned buttery flavor. It adds a nutty flavor that is a game-changer for this recipe. So, do try to keep it in the recipe if you can.
Can I Cut The Pecan Pie Bars Before It Cools?
It is extremely difficult to try and cut the bars before they cool down. I recommend cooling them to room temperature, then placing them in the fridge to cool. The cooler they are, the easier they will be to cut.
Tips & Tricks
Baking time may change depending on the oven you have.
Store leftovers in an airtight container for the best storage method. Keep them in the fridge for up to 7 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
You can use equal amounts of stevia or brown sugar in place of white sugar if you don’t have any.
More Pecan Recipes:
- Sweet Potato Cake with Maple Pecan Glaze
- Caramel Pecan Cinnamon Rolls
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake
- Butter Pecan Sheet Cake
Pecan Pie Bars
- 2 ½ cup flour all-purpose
- 1 cup butter salted, cubed and browned
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup butter salted, melted
- 1 ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 3 cup pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, and generously spray a 9×13” baking dish with baking spray.
- Prepare the crust dough. In a large bowl, combine the browned butter, granulated sugar, and salt. Whisk.
- Slowly add the flour to the browned butter mixture, and stir well until the dough is evenly moist and crumbly.
- Pour the dough into the prepared baking and firmly press it into an even layer at the bottom of the dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the filling. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, eggs, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Mix well until smooth.
- Stir in the pecans.
- Remove the crust from the oven, and pour the filling mixture over it while it is still hot.
- Return the dish to the oven and continue to bake for 30-35 minutes until the top is golden brown, and the filling so longer wiggles in the pan.
- Allow the pecan pie bars to cool completely before cutting them into squares.
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.