Strawberry Pop Tart Cheesecake is a fun dessert. This creamy, delicious no bake cheesecake is combined with strawberry pop tarts! and buttercream frosting. This cheesecake is a fun mash-up on 2 of your favorite treats.
Strawberry Pop Tart Cheesecake
This Strawberry Pop Tart Cheesecake is such a fun dessert for kids! It’s a no bake cheesecake that’s easy to make and tastes delicious. The crust is made with crushed up strawberry pop tarts, giving it a unique flavor. Topped with a homemade buttercream frosting to bring this treat above anything you have ever had.
Key Ingredients for this recipe
- Strawberry Pop Tarts– This is the key ingredient when making this cheesecake
- Cream Cheese – It is very important to use room temperature cream cheese. This make sure there are no lumps in your cheesecake.
- Powdered Sugar– This is the sugar for the cheesecake. Using powdered sugar lets you avoid the graininess that can come with white sugar.
How to Make a Pop Tart Cheesecake
To make the crumbs for the cheesecake, place the graham crackers in the food processor and pulse. Add the pop tarts to the crumbs and pulse again. Add the melted butter and sugar and add the crust to the pan. Next, line the make the springform pan with Pop Tarts.
In a mixing bowl, add the cream cheese and heavy cream and beat together well. Add the sugar and vanilla. Remove half of the cheesecake batter and place it in a different bowl.
Add food color to the cheesecake in the bowl. Then, add crumbled Pop Tarts to the colored cheesecake batter, along with colored nonpareils. Add the colored cheesecake to the crust. Then freeze.
Once frozen, add the white cheesecake over the colored cheesecake and freeze overnight.
The next day, make the buttercream frosting by combining butter and cream cheese in the mixing bowl. Add the heavy cream and vanilla. Slowly add in the powdered sugar until it is thick and creamy.
Decorate the cheesecake before serving. Remove it from a springform pan and use a pastry bag to pipe dollops of frosting on the cheesecake. Add pieces of small Pop tarts to the top.
How to Cut a Pop Tart Cheesecake
It is easy to cut the no bake cheesecake. First, use a sharp knife to cut around the edge of the cheesecake. Next, use a large spoon to help you lift the cheesecake out of the pan. Finally, cut the cheesecake into slices and enjoy!
How to Store No Bake Cheesecake
This Strawberry Pop Tart Cheesecake can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. Be sure to store it in an airtight container so that the cheesecake doesn’t dry out.
Can I Use Other Poptarts
Yes, you can use any flavor of pop tart for this recipe. If you want to change it up, try using raspberry or blueberry pop tarts. You could also use a chocolate crust by using chocolate pop tarts. If you want to make it a even more decadent chocolate cheesecake, add cocoa powder or melted chocolate to the cheesecake batter.
More No Bake Cheesecake Recipe
- Strawberry Pie Cheesecake (No Bake)
- No Bake Orange Cheesecake
- Rainbow Trix Cheesecake (No-Bake)
- No-Bake Twinkie Cheesecake
Strawberry Pop Tart Cheesecake
- 1 box Strawberry Pop Tarts – Divided – see recipe
- 2 cups Graham Cracker crumbs
- 6 Tablespoons Butter – melted
- 1 Tablespoon Sugar
FOR THE CHEESECAKE:
- Place the Graham Crackers in the Food Processor or Blender, and pulse until you have crumbs. You’ll need about 1 1/2 sleeves of Graham Crackers to equal 2 cups. Add about 2 1/2 Pop Tarts with the Graham Crackers, and pulse to make the colorful crust. Add the sugar, and stir well. Melt the Butter in the microwave, and add to the crumbs/sugar, and stir well to mix, and coat crumbs. Line the bottom of a Spring-form pan with Parchment paper, and pour the crumbs into the pan Press the crumbs evenly in the pan. Take Pop Tarts out of the packages, and cut them in half. Stand the Pop Tarts around the edge of the Spring-form pan with the iced side facing the outside of the pan. Place the pan in the freezer.
- In the mixing bowl of the stand mixer, place the 4 packages of softened cream cheese, and the cup of heavy cream, and mix until well blended, smooth and creamy. Add the Sugar, Powdered Sugar, and Vanilla, and mix on low until well blended. Remove about 2 1/2 cups of the White Cheesecake to bowl, and place in the refrigerator. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, add the Pink Food Coloring Gel, until you get a bright pink, and turn the mixer to medium high/high and blend until smooth and thick. Add 2 Pop Tarts, crumble up, to the Pink Cheesecake, and sprinkle with confetti, mix Nonpareils, and mix to blend. Remove the pan from the freezer, and pour the Pink cheesecake into the pan, allowing the cheesecake to spill over between the Pop Tarts. Place the pan back in the freezer, for 4 hours. After the 4 hours, remove the pan from the freezer, and pour the White Cheesecake batter (in the refrigerator) on top of the Pink Cheesecake, and place the pan back in the Freezer, overnight for best results.
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, place the softened Butter, and Cream Cheese, and mix with the whisk attachment until smooth and creamy. Add the Heavy Cream and Vanilla, and mix until well blended. Stop the mixer, and scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl, and add the Powdered Sugar a little at a time, blending between additions, until the Frosting is thick and creamy.
- When you’re ready to serve the cheesecake, you can decorate it just before serving, or ahead of time. Place the cheesecake on the counter, and remove the Spring-form from the pan. Place the Butter Cream Frosting in a pastry bag, with the Whipped Cream tip, (See Link for Tip) and pipe in dollops all around the edge of the Cheesecake. Place small Pop Tart pieces in the dollops of Frosting, and crumble a Pop Tart, and sprinkle it in the middle of the Cheesecake. (See photo) Serve, and Enjoy!