This Raspberry Olive Oil Cake may throw you off with its title, but it’s a delicious dessert that will change your perspective of what is good in a recipe. This different and unique cake can be very surprising to people who haven’t had this before; however, it’ll quickly become one of their favorites!
RASBERRY OLIVE OIL CAKE
This Olive oil cake is not your ordinary cake! This recipe is so delicious and not something that would normally pique your interest. But, trust me, this recipe is so good with its tangy raspberry flavor, with lemon and whipped cream ingredients. This recipe is just a dip into the amazing recipes I have for you! This Cherry Pineapple Dump Cake and Easy Peach Dump Cake are other super quick and easy recipes to try out.
- Flour- Use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking Powder- This will allow the cake to rise in the oven.
- Sugar- Every wonderful dessert recipe uses sugar as an ingredient.
- Eggs- Use eggs that are at room temperature.
- Oil- You will be using olive oil for this recipe.
- Greek Yogurt- This will help with the consistency of your dessert.
- Lemon Zest- Always zest lemons before juicing them.
- Whipped Cream- This will be spread on top of your finished cake.
- Raspberries- Use fresh raspberries for this recipe.
How to Make Raspberry Olive Oil Cake
Set the oven to 350 degrees. Use pam to grease an 11-inch cake pan and then, place it aside.
Add the flour, baking powder, and sugar into a bowl and whisk to combine. Then, set it aside.
Add the eggs, olive oil, and greek yogurt into another bowl and whisk to combine.
Combine the wet and dry ingredients until fully incorporated.
Pour in the lemon zest and add the raspberries, and use a spatula to fold them in.
Add the batter to the cake pan and put it into the oven.
For 35-40 minutes, bake the ingredients or until done. (Use a toothpick to determine the doneness)
Take out of the oven and place on a cooling rack. Allow the cake to cool thoroughly before decorating.
Spread the whipped cream on the fully cooled cake and top with some raspberries.
Serve and Enjoy!
What kind of olive oil should you use for olive oil cake?
There is no specific olive oil that needs to be used in this recipe. You can choose whichever olive oil you have at home. The recipe will all-in-all turn out amazing.
How do I serve lemon olive oil cake?
You can have your choice of serving the cake as a whole or separate piece. You can cut and serve by itself or along with other desserts. This recipe can also be placed with other desserts on a dessert buffet for friends and family to grab and go.
More Cake Recipes:
Raspberry Olive Oil Cake
- 3 cups flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 ½ Cups sugar
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 ¼ Cups Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbsp lemon zest
- 1 cup raspberries
For the topping:
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 2 cups fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 11-inch cake pan and set it aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and sugar. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the eggs, olive oil, and greek yogurt until everything is well combined.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients mixing until everything is just combined.
- Add the lemon zest and raspberries and with the help of a spatula fold them into the batter.
- Pour into the prepared cake pan and take to the oven, bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done. Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack. Let it cool down completely before decorating.
- Once the cake is no longer hot spread the whipped cream on top. Finish topping with the fresh raspberries and serve.