These Rolo Brownies are the things dreams are made of! Filled with rich caramel sauce and actual Rolo candy, you are going to fall in love with these.
I’m a sucker for a good brownie. Fresh from the oven, warm and with a scoop of cold ice cream is my preference. Peanut Butter Brownies, Red Velvet Brownies… I’ll take them all! Heck, we even made a Brownie Batter Dip.
When you serve these up, no one will know that it is a great take on a basic boxed brownie mix. Shhh!
I love hacking desserts in this way. By adding in extra chocolate chips, Rolos and caramel, these plain brownies morph into something incredible.
Tips for Baking Brownies
If you have a hard time getting your brownies cooked just right, here are a few tips.
- Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature before mixing.
- Sift your dry ingredients.
- Thoroughly coat your pan with cooking spray.
- To prevent burning the bottoms of your brownies, place the pan on a preheated cookie sheet.
- Light colored, shiny pans are the best because they heat the most even.
Get ready for the best Rolo Brownies ever!
More Brownie Recipes:
- 1 9×13 brownie mix
- 1 bag of Rolos half unwrapped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 container of caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box to prepare the brownie batter.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking dish.
- Place Rolos all over the top of the brownie batter.
- Top the rest of the brownie batter onto the Rolos.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using a heat safe bowl, place the chocolate chips into the bowl.
- Using a small sauce pan, heat up the heavy whipping cream until it starts to simmer and steam.
- Pour heated heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Using a whisk, mix until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled brownies.
- Allow the ganache to harden for two hours in the fridge.
- Remove brownies from the fridge and lift the brownies out of the baking dish.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce all over the brownies.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!