These Rolo Brownies are the things dreams are made of! Filled with rich caramel sauce and actual Rolo candy, you are going to fall in love with these.
I’m a sucker for a good brownie. Fresh from the oven, warm and with a scoop of cold ice cream is my preference. Peanut Butter Brownies, Red Velvet Brownies… I’ll take them all! Heck, we even made a Brownie Batter Dip.
When you serve these up, no one will know that it is a great take on a basic boxed brownie mix. Shhh!
I love hacking desserts in this way. By adding in extra chococlate chips, Rolos and caramel, these plain brownies morph into something incredible.
Tips for Baking Brownies
If you have a hard time getting your brownies cooked just right, here are a few tips.
1) Make sure all your ingredients are room temperature before mixing.
2) Sift your dry ingredients.
3) Thoroughly coat your pan with cooking spray.
4) To prevent burning the bottoms of your brownies, place the pan on a preheated cookie sheet.
5) Light colored, shiny pans are the best because they heat the most even.
Get ready for the best Rolo Brownies ever!
- 1 9×13 brownie mix
- 1 bag of Rolos half unwrapped
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 container of caramel sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and line the 9×13 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Follow the directions on the back of the brownie box to prepare the brownie batter.
- Pour half of the batter into the baking dish.
- Place Rolos all over the top of the brownie batter.
- Top the rest of the brownie batter onto the Rolos.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 35-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Using a heat safe bowl, place the chocolate chips into the bowl.
- Using a small sauce pan, heat up the heavy whipping cream until it starts to simmer and steam.
- Pour heated heavy whipping cream over the chocolate chips.
- Allow to sit for 1 minute.
- Using a whisk, mix until smooth.
- Pour the ganache over the cooled brownies.
- Allow the ganache to harden for two hours in the fridge.
- Remove brownies from the fridge and lift the brownies out of the baking dish.
- Drizzle the caramel sauce all over the brownies.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.
1 thought on “Rolo Brownies”
How amazing these look. I love caramel. Since I detest the flavor of store bought brownie mix, I’ll try these with my homemade brownie recipe and let you know what happens. I need to do a bit of research and see if there is baking powder or baking soda in a bar like this…..my brownies have no leavening, which makes them fudgy.