Are you looking for a healthy yet delicious low-carb snack to enjoy other than potato chips? Not only are these Baked Zucchini Chips delicious for you, but they’re also kid-approved! We also show you have to make air fryer zucchini chips.
What Are Baked Zucchini Chips?
There is a lot to love about these chips, from their incredible flavor to their crisp and delicious texture – as a bonus they are a vegetable! I absolutely love the crunch of these chips! Although they taste great on their own, and you don’t need to add anything extra to them other than the ingredients already used in this recipe, you can dip these chips in your favorite dipping sauce. Not sure which sauce will go best with the chips? I’d recommend ranch dressing, but you can do your favorite dipping sauce! These Air Fryer Pasta Chips are also quite amazing!
Did you know you can freeze zucchini for later if you’ve got too much? Here’s how.
Baked Zucchini Chips are a healthier version of a potato chip and also make a great appetizer. They’re naturally good for you and easy to prepare! They have that crispy texture that you know and love when biting into a potato chip, but they offer a distinctive taste that is even better than what you would get from a potato chip. We also have a Parmesan Zucchini Recipe that you will love.
If you like zucchini, you will love these chips. But even if you’ve never tried it before, I guarantee you will enjoy the flavor of these low-carb chips because it’s that incredible.
Zucchini Chips Ingredients
You will only need three simple ingredients to prepare these tasty chips from scratch.
- Zucchini – Grab one large zucchini for this recipe to ensure you have more than enough to make plenty of chips.
- Olive Oil – The olive oil goes over the zucchini and helps them get as crispy as possible while adding flavor to them.
- Salt – You won’t need anything other than salt to enhance the flavor of these homemade chips.
- Mandoline Slicer – so you have uniform sizes.
- Parchment Paper – to prevent sticking to the pan.
You can of course slice these with a knife but it’s so much easier if you’ve got a mandoline. If you don’t already have one, let this be your sign to pick one up. They make veggie slicing so much simpler and this one (my favorite!) slices in french fry shape, too.
How To Make Zucchini Chips
- Using the mandoline slicer, cut up your zucchini into thin slices.
- Drizzle olive oil onto the veggie to coat.
- Spread out the zucchini chips onto baking sheets with parchment paper, add salt and bake.
- Cook for about 2 hours until they’re brown and crispy.
- If there is excess oil, use a paper towel to dab and absorb it.
- Let them cool and enjoy!
How To Make Air Fryer Zucchini Chips
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare as directed for baking.
- Place zucchini slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer (in batches).
- Cook for 8-10 minutes turning the slices over halfway through until golden brown.
Other Seasonings To Try:
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Garlic Powder
- Seasoning Salt
- Ranch Packet Seasoning
- Parmesan cheese
Crispy Zucchini Chips Tips
- Salt your Zucchini Chips in advance to draw the excess water out. You want to get rid of the extra water so these chips will come out crispier.
- Ensure your oven is hot before you even put the chips in there. You should preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, allow the oven to reach that temperature, and then put them in the oven. They’ll cook quickly and get nice and crispy.
- Slice your zucchini into thin pieces. If they’re too thick, they won’t be as crispy.
You can easily make all kinds of variations of the Zucchini Chips. These are just a few ways to adjust this recipe to your liking:
- Instead of using olive oil, you can use melted butter. The melted butter really gives the Zucchini Chips added flavor.
- You can switch up the different spices used to give your Zucchini Chips more flavor. Cayenne pepper is a great option if you like spicier snacks. Onion powder, garlic powder, and even cajun seasoning are a few of the other good seasonings to use to add flavor to these veggie chips. You can even use a packet of ranch seasoning.
How to Store Zucchini Chips
Place your Zucchini Chips in an airtight food storage container to keep them fresh. You can store them on the counter or in your fridge, where they will stay fresh for up to a week. But don’t expect them to last that long!
Love to dip your chips and want to add even more flavor to them? If so, try some of these dip combinations:
- Ranch – You can’t go wrong with ranch dip. It’s one of my favorites, but it also goes great with zucchini, so give it a try.
- Yogurt Garlic Dip – You can make a dip like this from scratch. It’s healthy for you and pairs perfectly with the naturally fresh taste of zucchini.
- Marinara – Another great option is marinara if you’re looking for more of a savory taste.
More Zucchini Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Zucchini Boats
- Crispy Zucchini Fritters
- Baked Zucchini Fries
- Easy Zucchini Muffins
- The Best Zucchini Bread Recipe
Crispy Zucchini Chips (Baked or Air Fryer)
- Preheat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Using a mandoline, slice the zucchinis on the thinnest setting (1/8 to 1/16″ thick).
- Place the zucchini slices in a large mixing bowl and drizzle the oil over the zucchini slices Toss gently to coat completely.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Line the zucchini slices on the parchment paper so they are not touching. Sprinkle each slice with salt and a pinch of paprika (optional).
- Bake in the oven until crisp and golden, about 2 to 2-1/2 hours.
- Once the chips are crispy, turn off the heat and allow the chips to cool on the paper towels to absorb any extra oil.
- Store in an air-tight container.
Air Fryer Zucchini Chips Directions
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Place the zucchini slices into a mixing bowl and spritz lightly with olive oil spray (just enough to allow the seasoning to coat; do not over spray).
- Add the salt and paprika, and toss to coat.
- Place zucchini slices in the air fryer basket in a single layer with space in between (you'll need to cook in batches). Cook for 8-10 minutes turning the slices over halfway through until golden brown.