The Best Fluffy Pancakes with Make-Ahead Pancake Batter
There is nothing better than a big family breakfast with Fluffy Pancakes. Using this easy make ahead fluffy pancake recipe, you can have the most amazing pancakes. Use this delicious pancake recipe for a Sunday brunch or make it ahead and use it for a simple weekday morning breakfast.
If you love pancakes, you can also make these Rainbow Funfetti Pancakes.
Make-Ahead Pancake Batter
Pancakes on Sunday morning is a tradition for a lot of families. It is a fun way to get everyone together. Pancakes are easy to change up for different flavors and tastes, and this fluffy pancake recipe can be used as the base of any pancake recipe. These pancakes are fluffy and delicious and so easy to make.
- Vegetable oil
- Baking powder
How to Make This Fluffy Pancakes
Using a 32 ounce jar, add the milk, egg, and oil. Tightly secure the lid and shake until it is well mixed.
Add the dry ingredients to the milk mixture, replace the lid and shake hard for 2 minutes until it is well combined.
Grease a skillet or griddle and set it to medium heat.
Pour about 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake onto the greased surface.
As the edges start to look dry and there are bubbles on the surface of the pancakes, flip it to cook the other side.
Once the pancake has been flipped, cook the pancake for 2 to 3 minutes until it is lightly browned.
Serve hot with syrup and your favorite fruit.
How Long is This Pancake Mixture Good?
Once you have made this pancake mixture, you want to store it in the refrigerator. It will last for 2 days. You can also freeze the pancake batter. it will keep for about a month in the freezer.
Favorite Pancake Toppings
There are so many things that can be used to top the these pancakes. Chocolate chips and blueberries are some of the most common toppings. Strawberries and bananas are also common toppings. You can use syrup, honey or agave syrup as well. If you want to add protein to your pancakes, you can add peanut butter to the pancakes as well.
Other Breakfast Recipes You Will Love
Make Ahead Fluffy Pancakes
- 1 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Put the milk, egg, and oil in a 32 oz jar. Put the lid on tight and shake until well mixed.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to the jar with the milk and egg mixture. Put the lid on and shake vigorously for about 2 minutes until everything is combined.
- Lightly oil a griddle or frying pan and heat to medium temperature. Pour the batter onto the griddle. Use about ¼ of a cup of batter for each pancake.
- When the edges look dry and the bubbles on the surface of the pancakes begin to pop flip the pancakes over to cook the other side.
- Once flipped, cook the pancakes another 2 to 3 minutes until they are lightly browned on both sides.
- Serve hot with syrup and your favorite fruit.