Caramel Apple Jello Shots are perfect for a Fall or Halloween party! This green colored gelatin is infused with apple vodka, green apple syrup and topped with melted caramel.
Caramel Apple Jello Shots Recipe
These shots are so delicious and sure to be a huge hit at your next Halloween party with the gorgeous and vibrant green color. These shots only need a handful of ingredients to make a sweet and salty shot in just a few minutes. This is a recipe that everyone will be asking for!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Gelatin: You will combine gelatin with water to form your jello for the shot.
- Green Apple Vodka: This will add a great deal of flavor to the recipe and infuse into the jello.
- Torani Green Apple Syrup Flavoring: Using this along with neon green food coloring will add a nice green color and green apple flavor to the shot.
- Caramels: These will be used to melt on top of the shot with a few more for garnish.
Supplies You’ll Need
Mason Jars: I like to use mini mason jar shot glasses but any other shot glass will work just fine.
How To Make Caramel Apple Jello Shots
Step 1. Add the water into a medium-sized bowl or small pitcher and whisk in the gelatin. Let the gelatin bloom by following the directions on the box. Combine until dissolved. Pour in the apple vodka & flavoring into the jello mixture. Put in a few drops of the food coloring and combine until fully incorporated. You can add more until you reach the desired color. Add the mixture into the mini mason jars (or plastic condiment cups) placed on a cookie sheet and set in the fridge for 4 hours to chill or until firm.
Step 2. Right before serving, take 15 caramels out of their wrappers and put them into a heat-safe bowl. Melt in the microwave for 30-45 seconds, making sure to stop every 15-seconds until melted. Take the shots out of the fridge and use a spoon to add the melted caramel on top. The caramel will likely overflow as seen in the pictures below. Allow the caramel to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!
Kid Friendly Version:
Use Sonic Green Apple Jello and then replace the alcohol with apple juice or water. Proceed with the caramel topping or decorate with apple slices or even Gunny worms!
Can You Make Caramel Apple Jello Shots In Advance?
Yes! These shots can be made a day in advance if you need them. You will want to add the caramels just before serving. You will want to keep the shots in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
Best Toppings For Green Apple Jello Shots
More Jello Shot Recipes:
Caramel Apple Jello Shots
- In a medium-sized bowl or small pitcher, add the water, sprinkle the Gelatin on the top, and allow it to bloom, following the directions on the package. Stir well to blend.
- Add the Apple Vodka, and stir again. Add the Green Apple Syrup and stir. Add several drops of the Neon Green Food Coloring Gel, and stir the mixture.
- If needed, add a few more drops until the desired color is achieved. Pour the mixture into the Shot Glasses, and place them in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours, or until the Gelatin is set, or firm.
- Before serving, unwrap about 15 Caramels, place them in a Microwave safe dish, and melt the Caramels for about 30 – 45 seconds, stopping at 15-second intervals to stir the Caramels.
- Remove the Shot Glasses from the refrigerator, and spoon the melted Caramel over the tops of the Shot Glasses. (The Caramel will most likely run over and down onto the glasses – that’s okay – see photo)Let the Caramel cool just a bit, Serve, and Enjoy!
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.
- 12 Mini Mason Jar Shot Glasses