Looking for an easy and really delicious dinner recipe? Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo is exactly what you need! Creamy sauce, tender chicken, and perfect pasta, all cooked in the slow cooker. So easy and incredibly tasty!
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
Chicken alfredo is a very often requested dinner item. We all love it–it is cheesy, creamy, and a really satisfying meal. But with this Slow Cooker Chicken Alfredo, you may never go back to making pasta with alfredo sauce any other way! Even the rigatoni is cooked right in the sauce in the slow cooker, so there is no need to dirty any extra pans.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the Slow Cooker Rigatoni Chicken Alfredo (the exact measurements and full recipe instructions are below in the printable recipe card):
- Boneless, skinless raw chicken breast tenders (or thin-sliced chicken breasts) – you can use regular size chicken breasts, but we do find they take much longer to cook, so you may need to add at least an hour to two hours of slow cooking time for thick chicken breasts.
- Heavy cream
- Chicken broth or stock – low sodium is recommended so the sauce doesn’t end up being too salty.
- Butter – again, we recommend using unsalted butter. You’ll add salt to the recipe, so using low sodium ingredients helps you control the saltiness and you can add just the right amount of salt.
- Cream cheese
- Italian seasoning
- White or black pepper
- Garlic powder
- Rigatoni pasta – you’ll be using uncooked rigatoni and adding it right to the slow cooker towards the end of the cooking time.
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese – we do not recommend using already grated Parmesan cheese from a jar. Fresh is the way to go!
- Fresh parsley for garnish – this is optional.
How to Make Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
You will love how easy this is! To start, place the chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker, then pour in the heavy cream and chicken stock. Place the cubed cream cheese and butter on top of the cream and add the seasonings.
Slow cook the chicken in the sauce for either 3 hours on high or 5 hours on low, or until the chicken is fully cooked and fork tender. NOTE: the exact amount of cooking time can vary depending on the slow cooker.
When the chicken is cooked, remove it from the slow cooker and shred it with forks. Give the sauce in the slow cooker a good whisk until smooth. Add the chicken back to the slow cooker along with the uncooked rigatoni and the freshly grated Parmesan cheese; mix well.
Re-cover the slow cooker and cook until the pasta is done–about 30 minutes. You may want to start checking the pasta after 20 minutes of cooking time and every 5 minutes after, just to be sure you don’t overcook the rigatoni.
Give the rigatoni chicken alfredo a good stir.
Serve with chopped fresh parsley if desired.
How to Store Leftover Rigatoni
Keep the leftover rigatoni chicken alfredo in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
More Recipes You Will Love
Crock Pot Chicken Alfredo
- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless raw chicken breast tenders
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth or stock low sodium recommended
- 1/4 cup butter, sliced unsalted butter recommended
- 8 ounces cream cheese cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white or back pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish optional
- Place the chicken breast in a large slow cooker. Pour the heavy cream and chicken broth over the chicken breast. Add the sliced butter, cubed cream cheese, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 3 hours or low for 5 hours until the chicken is cooked through and fork tender.
- Remove the chicken from the slow cooker and place on a large plate. Whisk the sauce in the slow cooker until smooth. Shred the chicken with forks, then add back to the slow cooker.
- Add the uncooked rigatoni and the Parmesan cheese. Re-cover the slow cooker with the lid and cook on high for 30 minutes or until the pasta is tender.
- Serve hot with fresh parsley for garnish if desired.
- Slow Cooker