If you love Kit Kat bars, you are definitely going to love these decadent Kit Kat brownies. They are layered with fudgy brownie batter and Kit Kat pieces. It’s the ultimate Kit Kat dessert!
Homemade Kit Kat Brownie Recipe
This recipe starts with a homemade brownie bursting with melted chocolate chips and cocoa powder to enhance that rich chocolate flavor. The KitKat bars send it over the top! I promise the plain brownies will be a thing of the past once you try these KitKat brownies.
It’s no surprise that these are a kid-approved favorite as well. My kiddos love these brownies for any occasion and ask for them by name. We hardly ever keep them around for long — they are just that delicious!
Try Kit Kat Chocolate Mint Cheesecake if you are looking for another tasty Kit Kat dessert. It’s a real treat.
Ingredients You’ll Need
I love super simple recipes with common ingredients. It goes to show that you can make a fantastic dessert without breaking the bank!
- Butter: I use unsalted butter for this recipe. It is going to be melted so there’s no need to bring it to room temperature before use. Cut it into cubes so it melts more evenly.
- Chocolate Chips: For this recipe, I use semi-sweet because I find it’s the perfect flavor balance with the Kit Kats.
- Eggs: Ensure the eggs are whisked before adding them to the brownie mixture.
- Vanilla Extract
- Flour: Plain flour like a good all-purpose flour is all you need.
- Cocoa Powder
- Kit Kat Bars: These are layered within the brownie batter so don’t cut or crush all of them. This will ensure the maximum amount of Kit Kats in every bite.
How to Make Kit Kat Brownies
It’s easier than ever to make these fudgy Kit Kat brownies If you’ve never made homemade brownies before, I promise you will want to skip the box mix after you make these!
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line an 8×8 baking dish with parchment and set it aside.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the butter cubes and chocolate chips in 30-second intervals until smooth.
- Using a large mixing bowl whisk in sugar, eggs, and vanilla until combined.
- Then, gradually add flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour half the batter into the baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Layer the Kit Kat bars on top of the brownie mixture.
- Spoon the rest of the batter over the Kit Kats and then finish with extra chopped-up candy.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until no longer jiggly in the center.
- Cool the brownies completely before slicing. Enjoy!
How to Store Leftovers
Leftover Kit Kat brownies can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for 3-4 days. No Need to store them in the fridge! Place in a freezer-safe bag and freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips and Tricks
- Make sure you use enough parchment so that the paper will fold over the edges. This will make it easier to lift the brownies out of the pan for slicing and serving.
- Feel free to use dark chocolate or milk chocolate chips if you like.
- Cooling on a wire rack will take a few hours. If you try to cut these brownies while warm, they may crumble and fall apart.
- When layering the Kit Kat bars in the middle, you may need to cut some of them to ensure you get a full layer to fit.
- When microwaving the butter and chocolate, be sure to stir every 15-30 seconds.
- Use a different flavor Kit Kat for a fun new creation! Mint, chocolate strawberry, and white chocolate are great options.
More Brownie Recipes
- German Chocolate Brownies
- Nutter Butter Brownies
- Cherry Cheesecake Brownies
- Milkyway Brownies
- Chocolate Mint Brownies
Kit Kat Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350° and begin lining a 8×8 baking dish with parchment paper, leaving a bit of paper hanging off the edge so you are able to pull it out.
- Add the butter cubes and chocolate chips into a large microwave safe bowl. Place in the microwave and melt 30 seconds at a time, stirring every 15-30 seconds until melted.
- Add in the sugar, eggs and vanilla extract and whisk until combined. Slowly whisk in the flour, cocoa powder and salt until smooth
- Spoon about 1/2 the batter into the prepared baking dish and smooth out into an even layer.
- Place a layer of Kit Kats on top of the batter and lightly press down a bit. You may need to cut some of the Kit Kats to fit evenly all over the batter.
- Drop spoonfuls of the leftover batter on top of the Kit Kats and spread around to cover all the Kit Kats.
- Chop up the other Kit Kats very thinly and sprinkle over top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Cool completely, lift from pan and cut