Skillet Cheesy Corn is a thick, creamy, and cheesy corn recipe topped with crispy and smokey bacon that will just melt in your mouth.
Cheesy Bacon Skillet Corn
This Skillet Corn Recipe is so good and simple to make. You have a few set ingredients like corn, heavy cream, butter, bacon, green chilis, scallions, and tons of cheese to give it such a wonderful and savory texture. This is an incredible side dish that works well with most dishes. I also love to eat it as a dip as well! You can dip things like bread, chips, sausages, and more.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Corn: You can use frozen corn or fresh. I prefer fresh corn from the cob, but either one will work fine.
Butter: Using butter will add a ton of flavor and keeps the corn nice and moist.
Sugar: Add a sweeter flavor to the recipe by using sugar.
Heavy Cream: This will keep your corn extra thick and creamy.
Green Chilis: I like to add a bit of spicy and a little more depending on the day and these green chilis will do just that.
Bacon: Crispy and crunchy bacon will add more flavor and texture.
How To Make Cheesy Corn
Step 1. Add the corn and butter into a large oven-safe skillet and cook on medium heat. You want the corn to be thawed and the butter to be melted before adding the sugar, salt, and pepper. Combine and add in the heavy cream, scallions, and green chilis, and mix.
Step 2. Allow the mixture to become thick for about 8 minutes on medium heat. Put in the pre-cooked and chopped bacon with 3/4 cup of the shredded Mozzarella or cheese of your choice. Combine until the cheese is melted. Top with the rest of the cheese before placing the whole pan under the broiler and heating for 5 minutes until the cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
Step 3. Top with some more chopped scallions for a garnish and serve as a side dish or a dip. Enjoy!
Tips & Tricks For Cheesy Corn:
Here are a few great tips and tricks for the Cheesy Corn:
- Use fresh or canned corn, either one will work if you don’t have frozen.
- Add some dice jalapenos, or some cayenne pepper to add more spice.
- Pepper jack is another great cheese for this recipe, but any kind will work.
- I like using this as a side for the main dinner dish or using it as a delicious dip!
Can I Add More Vegetables To Cheesy Skillet Corn?
Yes! This cheesy dish already has onions, peppers, chilis, and scallions in it, but you can add more if you want. You don’t have to stop there! Add mushrooms, broccoli, asparagus, green beans, and more.
What To Serve With Cheesy Corn?
You can serve this delicious recipe with many different dishes. You can serve this recipe with steak, chicken, pork, burgers, sandwiches, etc. This is a recipe that will taste good with a lot of dinners or lunches.
More Corn Recipes:
Skillet Cheesy Corn
- 2 12 ounces packages frozen corn
- 4 Tbsp butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 scallions chopped plus more for garnish
- 1 4 ounces can chopped green chiles
- 8-10 slices bacon cooked, chopped
- 16 ounces mozzarella cheese shredded
- In a large oven-proof skillet add your corn and butter.
- Cook over medium heat until the corn is thawed and the butter is melted.
- Next add in the sugar, salt, and pepper, and stir.
- Next add your heavy cream, scallions, and green chiles.
- Let the heavy cream thicken over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the cooked, chopped bacon and ¾ of the shredded cheese.
- Stir until the cheese is melted.
- Next, add the remaining cheese to the top of the corn and place the whole pan under the broiler for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melty and slightly browned.
- Garnish with more chopped scallions.