Snickers Apple Salad is an incredibly easy dessert that is a hit with everyone. This is my go-to treat for every BBQ I ever attend!
Snickers Apple Salad
I can literally remember the first time someone mentioned the notion of a Snickers salad to me. My best friend was bringing a treat to a family dinner and when she explained what it was I thought she was crazy.
She was definitely anything but crazy. Combining the delicious flavor of a Snickers bar with tart apples, whipped cream and cream cheese is nothing short of genius. This Snickers Salad recipe is a fruit salad with pudding, whipped topping, and of course – Snickers bars.
How Do I Make Snicker Salad?
- Whisk together the vanilla instant pudding and milk
- Fold in the cool whip topping.
- Mix in the chopped granny smith apples.
- Fold in the bite-size pieces of Snickers Candy bars.
- Refrigerate until serving.
It really doesn’t get any easier than this sweet side dish!
- The first thing to know here is that this is something best served immediately after making. It’s a great recipes, but not one you can make the day ahead. It gets soggy and the apples start to turn.
- When you’re ready to make your Snickers Caramel Apple Salad, you will start by mixing together your cream cheese and whip cream. Then, chop up your Snickers bar and lastly, chop up your apples. (Granny Smith apples are my favorite to use here.)
- Put your apples and Snickers in a bowl and add your cream mixture and fold it together. That’s it!
Snicker Apple Salad Additional Toppings
You can leave this as is (it’s so good!) or add some fun toppings like:
- Caramel Sauce
- Chocolate Sauce
- Chopped nuts
Snickers Apple Salad
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat the whipping cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until thickened to the consistency of whipped cream. Add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese with the electric mixer until smooth. Add half of the whipped cream and beat with the mixer until well combined. Fold in the remaining whipped cream and stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Cut the apples into quarters and remove the core and seeds. Chop the apples into bite sized chunks and pour into a large mixing bowl.
- Unwrap the Snickers bars and chop into small chunks. Add the Snickers pieces to the large mixing bowl with the apples.
- Add the cream cheese mixture to the apples and Snickers in the large mixing bowl. Stir together until the apples and Snickers are coated well in the creamy mixture.
- Pour the “salad” into a serving bowl and top with items to garnish, such as chopped peanuts, another chopped Snickers bar, or caramel sauce.
- Serve immediately.