These easy Strawberry Crumb Bars, with a soft oatmeal cookie crust, sweet fresh strawberry filling, and oat crumb topping make heavenly dessert bars.
Crumb Strawberry Bars
These quick and delicious bars are so good and perfect for any occasion. This recipe is so crumbly and just melts in your mouth. This is a great after-dinner treat or to have as a snack throughout the day.
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
Flour: You will need all-purpose flour, old-fashioned oats, and baking powder to make a thick batter and allow the bars to rise in the oven.
Sugar: You will need brown sugar to add richness to the bars as well as powdered sugar to make the glaze on top.
Strawberries: It’s best to use fresh diced strawberries for the best results, but you can use frozen.
How To Make Strawberry Crumb Bars
Step 1. Set the oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, add the flour, oats, sugar, salt, and baking powder and combine. Slice the butter into cubes and put it into the bowl. Cut the butter into pea-sized pieces using a pastry cutter. Pour in the milk and combine. Use spray or parchment paper to line a 9 x 9-inch baking dish. Press the prepared crumble about 2/3 of it into the dish. Place the rest of the crumble aside for later. Place the crumble into the oven for 30 minutes to bake until slightly brown on the sides.
Step 2. Prepare the strawberries while the crumble is baking. In a medium bowl, add the strawberries and use a potato masher to gently mash before draining the excess juice. In the same bowl, add the vanilla, cinnamon, flour, and powdered sugar and combine until fully incorporated. When the crumble is done baking, take it out of the oven and add the strawberry mixture on top. Sprinkle the rest of the crumble mixture from earlier on top before placing it in the oven again to bake for another 25 minutes. Take out and allow it to cool thoroughly.
Step 3. In a small bowl, add the milk and powdered sugar and combine until you have a thin glaze. Drizzle the prepared glaze over the baked bars and serve. Enjoy!
Do Strawberry Crumb Bars Use Real Strawberries?
Yes! To give this recipe the best strawberry flavor, it uses real diced strawberries to make it. You combine the strawberries with sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and flour to make a thick and sweet filling for the bars.
How To Store Strawberry Crumb Bars?
Place the leftovers in an airtight container or Ziploc bag for the best storage method. You can place these in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
More Bar Recipes:
Strawberry Crumb Bars
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup old-fashioned oats
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup or 8 tablespoons butter unsalted, cold
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 ½ cups strawberries diced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 1 ½ Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ Tbsp powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine flour, oats, sugar, salt, and baking powder in a medium bowl.
- Cut butter into slices and add to the bowl. Use a pastry cutter to cut in butter until the pieces are pea-sized.
- Add milk and mix.
- Spray or line with parchment paper a 9”x9” baking dish. Press about 2/3 – ¾ of thecrumble into the dish. Set the remaining amount aside. Bake for 30 minutes – should beslightly browned at the edges.
- While the bottom layer is baking, prepare the strawberries. Place in a medium bowl anduse a potato masher to lightly mash. Drain the excess juice.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon, flour, and powdered sugar to strawberries. Mix to combine.
- When the bottom layer is done, remove it from the oven and spoon the strawberry mixture ontop. Sprinkle with remaining dry mix.
- Bake for an additional 25 minutes. Let cool completely.
- Prepare glaze by mixing milk and powdered sugar. Drizzle over bars before serving.