Have you tried Strawberry shortcake kabobs? Take your strawberry shortcake up a notch by using fresh strawberries and pound cake on skewers. This makes for a fun, easy, and delicious dessert that is perfect for Summer gatherings.
Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
These delicious Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs are perfect for any summer occasion! Made with fresh strawberries, layered pound cake, and served on a kabob stick, they are sure to be a hit with your guests. Whether you’re serving them at a party or enjoying them as a sweet treat, these kabobs are sure to please.
- Strawberries- You want to remove the tops. You can cut the strawberries in half or you can use them whole.
- Pound cake- I love to use Instant Pot Pound Cake but you can also use store bought. Cut the pound cake into 1-inch squares
- Optional- whipped cream or white chocolate. I make these strawberry shortcake kabobs both ways. They are always a hit so change it up and see which version you like best.
How to Make Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
Layer a strawberry, pound cake, and whipped topping, if adding, onto a skewer.
Do this until skewer is filled as desired.
If adding white chocolate drizzle melted white chocolate over the skewers before refrigerating.
Refrigerate until ready to serve.
What Fruit Could I Use Besides Strawberries?
Strawberries and pound cake are a classic and it’s how you make strawberry shortcake. Strawberries are also great because they stay fresher longer than most other fruits when it’s cut. However, that doesn’t mean you are limited to just using strawberries.
You can also try:
- Sliced Peaches
- Sliced Pears
- Chopped Pineapple
- Kiwi Slices
- Mango Slices
- Or any other fruit you can think of!
More Variations Ideas for Making Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs
You can add a drizzle of white chocolate to these kabobs. I tend to skip the whipped cream when I add the white chocolate because it gets rich and I don’t want to cover up the flavors.
Add Blueberries. Make this a red, white and blue kabob by adding blueberries.
You don’t have to use pound cake. You can also use angel food cake, brownies, doughnut holes
Can I Make These Without the Kabob Sticks?
Yes, you can make these without the kabob sticks. Just layer the strawberries, pound cake, and whipped cream in a cup or bowl. You can also make these as parfaits by layering everything in a jar.
Do I Have to Use Whipped Cream?
No, you don’t have to use whipped cream, but it does add a nice touch. If you don’t want to use whipped cream, you can try using:
- Cool Whip
- Heavy Cream
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Syrup
- Butterscotch Syrup
- Caramel Sauce
- So many delicious options!
More Strawberry Shortcake Desserts
Strawberry Shortcake Kabobs – 2 Ways
- 12 strawberries tops removed and cut in half
- 12 oz. pound cake cut into 1-inch squares
- 8 oz. whipped topping optional
- 1 bag white chocolate chips optional
Whipped Cream Version
- Layer a strawberry, pound cake, and whipped topping onto a skewer. Do this until skewer is filled as desired.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
White Chocolate Version
- Cut the cake into 1½ inch squares.
- Rinse strawberries and cut off tops. Add strawberries and cake pieces to your skewers making sure strawberries are on the end. Place on parchment paper.
- Melt white chocolate chips by adding a few squares of the coating in a small pan on low heat. Stir constantly until melted. Drizzle white chocolate over your skewers.
- Refrigerate for half hour. ENJOY!