These zesty and flavorful Air Fryer Chicken Thighs are going to be a new staple in your weekly dinner rotation. They’re super tender with brown, crispy skin. You can pair them with any of your favorite side dishes for a complete and satisfying meal.
Easy Air Fryer Lemon Pepper Chicken Thighs
Lemon and chicken are a classic combination. This recipe calls for lemon juice and lemon zest to give the chicken thighs a bold citrus flavor that is so tasty! I make these chicken thighs often and they have become a family favorite. Even my kids love these chicken thighs!
Since they are so quick and easy to make, I can choose any side dish to go with them! I like to make something new as often as I can and create a brand-new, filling dinner. The air fryer saves so much time and one of the many reasons we love making air fryer recipes. I also like making Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan and Air Fryer Jerk Chicken. It’s becoming my most used appliance in the kitchen!
What You’ll Need
These are all of the seasonings you will need to make the best air fryer chicken thighs recipe ever!
- Chicken Thighs: I use bone-in chicken thighs and skin-on because they are the juiciest and most flavorful chicken cut.
- Olive Oil
- Lemon Juice: Since you will also need lemon zest, I recommend a fresh lemon over pre packaged lemon juice.
- Lemon Zest
- Lemon Pepper: Use your favorite brand of lemon pepper seasoning!
- Garlic Powder
- Onion Powder
How to Make Chicken Thighs in the Air Fryer
It doesn’t get easier to air-fry chicken thighs! Season, cook, then eat!
- Combine the Seasonings. Whisk the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt in a large bowl.
- Prep the Chicken. Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towels. Add them to the bowl of seasonings and toss to coat. Massage it into each thigh to ensure even seasoning.
- Prep the Air Fryer. Preheat your air fryer to 375 degrees F. It should only take around 3-5 minutes to get it up to temperature.
- Cook the Thighs. Place the chicken thighs in the air fryer basket skin side down and cook for about 15 minutes. Flip them and cook for an additional 8-12 minutes or until cooked through and the skin is crispy.
- Serve. Remove the thighs from the air fryer and serve hot!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
Wondering what side dish to serve with this crispy air fryer chicken thighs recipe? Here are some of my favorite ideas.
- Honey Butter Skillet Corn
- Crock Pot Mac and Cheese
- Parmesan Zucchini
- Wedge Salad
- Bacon Cheddar Smashed Potatoes
- Steamed Broccoli
- Sauteed Mushrooms
- Green Beans
Tips and Tricks
- Use a thermometer to ensure that the chicken thighs are cooked to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
- Spray the air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray to keep the chicken skin from sticking to the bottom.
- The amount of lemon juice and lemon zest needed for this recipe only requires one medium-sized lemon.
- You can allow the chicken thighs to sit in the lemon mixture for a few minutes before cooking to infuse more flavor if you desire.
- Swap the bone in the thighs for boneless if you like. Just keep in mind that they cook faster so adjust your cooking times accordingly. You can even use chicken breast as well!
- Love pepper? Add ½ tsp of cracked black pepper if you want it to be more pepper-forward.
How to Store Leftovers
Any leftover air-fried cooked chicken thighs should be placed in an airtight container and stored in the refrigerator. They will stay fresh for up to 4 days. To reheat, place in the air fryer at 300 degrees F and heat until warm.
More Easy Chicken Recipes
- Firecracker Chicken
- Easy Oven-Roasted Chicken
- Air Fryer Chicken Taquitos
- Instant Pot Chicken Spaghetti
- The BEST Fried Chicken
- BBQ Pulled Chicken (Slow Cooker)
Air Fryer Chicken Thighs
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, lemon pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt.
- Add the chicken thighs and massage the seasoning into the entire thigh to coat.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees. Place chicken in the air fryer with the skin-side on the bottom, and cook for 15 minutes.
- Flip the chicken and cook for an additional 8-12 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees and the skin is brown and crispy.
- Take out of the air fryer and serve!