This Bacon Grilled Cheese is a masterpiece of flavor with American, Cheddar, and Parmesan cheese with thick-cut bacon on sourdough bread.
Grilled Cheese with Bacon
You can do so much with a recipe like this to make it your own. The meaty bacon and three kinds of cheese are so good together and make for the perfect lunch or dinner recipe. This is a sandwich that will get everyone hooked with the first bite.
This recipe is extremely simple (just like any grilled cheese should be) but it tastes like a gourmet sandwich you would get at a fancy restaurant.
Watch The Recipe Video!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Bread: I like using sourdough for this recipe, but any kind of bread will work like our homemade white bread.
- Cheese: I use a combination of American, Cheddar, and Parmesan cheese. You can use your favorite blends.
- Bacon: You will need thick-cut and cooked bacon, or use turkey bacon instead.
- Mayo or Butter: I personally enjoy mayo over butter. Mayo is a good option and adds another flavor element and makes it harder to burn the outside of the bread, because it has a lower smoke point. However, feel free to use butter as well.
How To Make A Bacon Grilled Cheese
- On one side of each slice of bread, spread 1/2 Tbsp of mayo. Use a cast iron or griddle over medium-low heat. Once hot, put the mayo side of one slice down on the pan and top with 2 pieces of cheese. Next, add 3 bacon pieces, then top with 2 more slices of cheese. Set the other slice of bread on top with the mayo facing upwards.
- Allow the sandwich to cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until lightly browned. Make sure to cook each side for 3-4 minutes. Place the cooked sandwich aside and continue until you have used up the cheese and bread. Top with some grated parmesan cheese and serve immediately. Enjoy!
How To Serve:
You can serve this delicious recipe with so many different things. One of my all-time favorites is tomato soup! But, there are tons of tasty soup recipes you can enjoy with this. You can also serve it with veggies or a side salad as well.
Tips For The Perfect Bacon Grilled Cheese
- Keep your sandwiches warm by putting your oven on the lowest temperature and setting on a baking sheet in the oven.
- You can try other cheese like Mozzarella, Provolone, Swiss, Pepperjack, etc.
- Instead of mayo, you can use butter.
- You can make the bacon as crispy as you like. We like to cook bacon in the air fryer.
- Other bread that tastes good with this recipe is Italian, White, Wheat, Potato Bread, etc.
- Low heat ensures that the cheese inside melts. This also helps the outside not get burnt. Once the inside cheese has melted you can raise the heat a bit to get that nice crispy outside on the bread. Takes longer to cook, but the results are always perfect!
- Take it to the next level by adding a couple of fresh tomato slices.
More Grilled Recipes:
- Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese with Bacon
- Sausage Foil Packets
- Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese
- Santa Fe Chicken Foil Packets
- Brisket Sandwich
Bacon Grilled Cheese
- 8 Slices Sourdough Sandwich Bread
- 8 Slices American Cheese
- 8 Slices Cheddar Cheese
- 12 Slices Bacon Thick Cut, Cooked
- 4 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese Grated
- Spread ½ a tablespoon of mayo on one side of each slice of bread. Heat a cast iron pan or a griddle over medium-low heat. Once the pan has heated, place one slice of bread mayo side down, lay 2 pieces of cheese over the bread, 3 pieces of bacon torn in half, and 2 more slices of cheese on top of that. Lay the other slice of bread mayo side up on top.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side until nicely golden brown and crispy, flip the grilled cheese over and cook for another 3-4 minutes. Set aside and repeat with the other bread and cheeses. Sprinkle both sides of the grilled cheese with the grated parmesan cheese. Serve hot with tomato soup, and enjoy!
Leave a Review!
We LOVE hearing from you! Submit your question or comment here.
Your email address will not be published.