Crockpot Tomato Soup – simply add all your ingredients into a slow cooker. So delicious, comforting and incredibly easy to make!
Slow Cooker Tomato Soup Recipe
This simple tomato soup recipe is packed with flavor and perfect for lunch or dinner. I remember enjoying this recipe as a child and being able to devour the whole bowl. It is so good and easy to put together using a crock-pot!
Key Ingredients You’ll Need
- Vegetables: You will need onion, garlic, and whole tomatoes for this recipe. It will add additional flavor to the recipe.
- Chicken Broth: Use this to help with the consistency of the soup while also adding flavor.
- Seasonings: I like to use a blend of salt, pepper, celery seed, oregano, and red pepper flakes which will add a bit of spice.
How To Make Crockpot Tomato Soup
- Step 1. In a small saucepan, add the butter and onions and melt the butter over medium heat. Cook the ingredients until tender before adding the garlic. Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray to prepare.
- Step 2. Add the cooked mixture and add the rest of the ingredients into the crockpot and mix until fully incorporated. Seal with a lid and cook for 5 to 6 hours on low or 2 to 3 hours on high.
- Step 3. Use an immersion blender to puree (or add the tomato mixture into a blender). Serve in bowls with bread and enjoy! Feel free to swirl a bit of heavy cream on top or sprinkle on parmesan cheese.
I have always enjoyed tomato soup with grilled cheese or other forms of bread to dip into it. Some of our favorite grilled cheese sandwich recipes are: Bacon Grilled Cheese, Brisket Grilled Cheese, Air Fryer Grilled Cheese, Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese, Sloppy Joe Grilled Cheese and Pizza Grilled Cheese. Another great choice is crumbling up some saltine crackers.
Storing Homemade Tomato Soup:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 to 4 days. You can also freeze the leftovers to extend the shelf life even more. We like to spoon the soup into freezer safe zip-lock bags.
More Easy Soup Recipes:
- Lasagna Soup
- Dill Pickle Soup
- Crockpot Chicken Noodle Soup
- Hamburger Soup
- Easy Taco Soup
- Chicken Barley Soup
Crockpot Tomato Soup
- Place a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the butter and onions, melt the butter, and cook the onions until tender. Stir in the garlic and heat through.
- Prepare a slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the cooked onions mixture and remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours.
- Prior to serving, carefully use an immersion blender to puree the soup.