Do you enjoy Eggnog? And if you not, anyone who hasn’t tried it is missing out on a creamy, melted ice cream flavored drink. And, this flavor is even better when it is in a cake. This Eggnog Bundt Cake Recipe is so amazing and may just become a favorite.
Eggnog Bundt Cake
This Eggnog Bundt Cake is so good! The recipe is very simple to follow along with and doesn’t have many complex ingredients to make it. The cake is so flavorful and moist and topped with sweet icing. This is a great recipe to share with friends and family.
Eggnog and the holidays go perfectly together. What is a holiday get together if you don’t have Eggnog available for your guests to enjoy? If you are looking for a few additional recipes that incorporate eggnog as an ingredient, here are a few suggestions for you. First off is my Caramel Eggnog Cheesecake that is made in an Instant Pot. Another yummy suggestion is my Eggnog Snickerdoodles. I mean, what is better than eggnog and cookies? And lastly, my Eggnog Bread with Rum Glaze is always a favorite!
- Flour- You can use all-purpose flour for the best results.
- Baking powder- This will allow your cake to rise in the oven.
- Baking soda- This will allow your ingredients to double in size.
- Salt- This will bring out the flavors in the recipe.
- Butter- Use unsalted butter to control the amount of salt in the recipe.
- Sugar- Every great dessert has sugar in the recipe.
- Eggs– You will need to have these at room temperature.
- Vanilla extract– Use pure vanilla for the best flavoring.
- Southern comfort eggnog- This will be added to the batter for flavoring.
- Cream cheese-This will need to be softened or at room temperature.
- Powdered sugar- This sugar is the best for homemade frosting or icing.
- Bourbon- This will add a smoky vanilla flavor to your recipe.
How to Make an Eggnog Bundt Cake
Set your oven to 350 degrees and use Pam to spray a 9in round Bundt cake pan.
Add all the dry ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk to combine.
Add the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggnog into a large bowl and beat to combine.
One at a time, add in the eggs and combine.
Slowly add the dry ingredients into the batter and combine.
Add the batter into the prepared pan and put the pan onto a cookie sheet.
Put into the preheated oven and bake for 55-76 minutes or until a tester placed in the center comes out clean.
Take out of the oven and let it rest and cool for 15 minutes before taking out of the cake pan and place onto a wire rack.
Add the cream cheese, butter, eggnog, and bourbon into a large bowl and use a hand mixer to beat until smooth and combined.
Slowly add in the powdered sugar and mix. If it is too thick, add in 3 more tablespoons or 1/4 cup of eggnog and beat to combine. You will need a glaze-like texture.
Dump the icing over the top of the cake and let it drip down the sides,
Let the frosting sit for 20 minutes before serving.
Does This Have Rum In It?
This Eggnog Cake does not have rum in the recipe. This recipe actually uses bourbon in the cake. The bourbon will have the best results for this recipe.
What Glaze is Best for Eggnog Cake Recipe?
The glaze used in this Eggnog cake is the best one to use. This glaze is very simple to make with only a few ingredients. The glaze is very simple but fits extremely well with this cake.
More Eggnog Recipes
- Instant Pot Caramel Eggnog Cheesecake
- Eggnog Snickerdoodles
- Eggnog Bread with Rum Glaze
- The Best Eggnog Cookies – Soft and Chewy
- Eggnog Pancakes
MORE BUNDT CAKE RECIPES
- Instant Pot Chocolate Bundt Cake
- Savory Breakfast Bundt Cake
- Key Lime Bundt Cake
- Cherry Almond Bundt Cake
Eggnog Cake Recipe
Eggnog Cream Cheese Frosting :
- 1 - 8 oz package of cream cheese softened
- ¼ C unsalted butter softened
- ¼ C Southern Comfort Eggnog plus more if needed
- 2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp bourbon
Eggnog Bundt Cake Directions :
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a 9in round Bundt cake pan with pam baking spray
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients until combined
- Using a large bowl, beat together the butter, sugar, vanilla, and eggnog until combined
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until combined
- Gradually beat in the dry ingredients until combined
- Scoop the batter into the Bundt pan and place the Bundt pan onto a cookie sheet
- Place into the oven for 55-76 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing the bundt cake onto a wire rack
- Using a large bowl and hand mixer, beat the cream cheese, butter, eggnog and bourbon until combined and smooth
- Gradually beat in the powdered sugar until combined
- If the glaze starts to become thick, beat in about 3 tbsp - ¼ C of eggnog
- You’ll want the frosting to almost be a glaze like texture
- Pour the frosting over the Bundt cake and allow it to drip down the sides of the cake
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes to allow the frosting to set before serving
Last Step:Please leave a rating and comment letting us know how you liked this recipe! This helps our business to thrive and continue providing free, high-quality recipes for you.