Love Bug Ladybug Oreos are so adorable for Valentine’s Day. Kids absolutely love them! Made with Oreo cookies covered in chocolate and decorated with sprinkles.
Chocolate Covered Ladybug Oreo Cookies
How could you not just love these lady bug Oreos? Such a fun idea for a Valentine party or a cute Spring dessert to add in your kids lunchbox. I know the school kids would love these for a fun class party idea.
Why You’ll Love these Love Bug Oreo Cookies
- They are incredibly easy to make using premade Oreo Cookies.
- No cookie decorating “skills” required.
- Just dip, decorate, and enjoy!
Ingredients You Will Need:
- Oreos – you will need double stuffed Oreo Cookies.
- Candy Melts – Dark chocolate and red melting wafers.
- Coconut Oil – this will give a smooth texture and shine to the chocolate.
- Candy Eyes – use the smallest edible eyeballs.
- Heart Sprinkles – Wilton mini pink Valentine sprinkles.
How To Make Ladybug Oreos
- Melt the red candy melts and coconut oil over a double boiler.
- Dip an Oreo cookie into the the red candy melt until completely covered.
- Using a fork, carefully pick up the Oreo and lightly tap onto the edge to get rid of the excess melted red chocolate.
- Repeat steps with remaining cookies. and let them set for about an hour.
- Melt the milk chocolate in the double boiler and dip the tip of the Oreo into the chocolate for the face of the lady bug. Repeat with the remaining Oreos.
- Place two eyes onto the center edge on top of the ladybug cookies for the eyes.
- Spoon some melted chocolate into the piping bag (or baggie) and cut the tip off. Pipe a line down the center for the lady bug. Alternate big and small dots around on the lady bug
- Place mini pink hearts onto the small dots.
- Let the lady bugs completely dry before enjoying!
Love Bug Cookies made with Nutter Butters
Here is another fun way to make love bug cookies by turning them into butterflies! Just change the Oreo cookies to Nutter Butter cookies, the red candy melts to pink, use large red heart sprinkles and icing butterfly wings.
More Cute and Easy Valentine Treats
- Valentine Puppy Chow
- Valentine Cupcakes
- Red Velvet Whoopie Pies
- Valentine Surprise Cake
- Chocolate Cherry Fudge
Love Bug Ladybug Oreos
- Using a double boiler, place water into the bottom pot. Once the water is boiling, place the top pot on top.
- Place the red candy melts into the top pot and while using a rubber spatula, mix until melted. Mix in 2 tbsp of coconut oil and mix until smooth.
- Dip an oreo cookie into the the red candy melt and completely submerge it. Using a fork, carefully pick up the oreo and lightly tap onto the edge to get rid of the excess candy melt.
- Repeat steps with remaining cookies. Let harden for about an hour before doing the next step.
- Once the red is harden, melt the milk chocolate in the double boiler.
- Dip the tip of the oreo into the chocolate for the face of the lady bug. Repeat with the remaining oreos.
- Place two eyes onto the center of the chocolate part for the eyes of the lady bug.
- Scoop some melted chocolate into the piping bag (or baggie) and cut the tip off. Pipe a line down the center for the lady bug. Alternate big and small dots around on the lady bug.
- Place mini pink hearts onto the small dots. Let the lady bugs completely dry before enjoying!