St. Patrick’s Day often has so many delicious desserts, including this Baileys Pound Cake recipe. Pound cake is rich and amazing and this decadent pound cake is flavored with Bailey’s Irish Cream. Topped with a sweet Bailey’s Glaze, this pound cake should be enjoyed all year long.
Want another Baileys Irish Creme Dessert? Try Baileys Cheesecake.
Baileys Pound Cake Recipe
Pound cake is a rich, decadent dessert that is known for packing a punch with butter flavor. This pound cake not only has a rich buttery flavor it is also flavored with Bailey’s Irish Creme. This gives this pound cake an even more amazing flavor. If you want to give this pound cake a bigger St. Patrick’s feel, you can add a little bit of green food color into the glaze.
- Unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Bailey’s Irish Creme Liqueur
- Baking powder
- Powdered sugar
- Light corn syrup
How to Make Baileys Pound Cake
Start with a preheated oven and spray the loaf pan with baking spray.
Using a mixer, beat together butter, sugar, and salt. Cream it until smooth.
In another bowl, beat the eggs and Bailey’s until it is well combined and then slowly add it into the butter mixture.
In another bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder and gradually add it to the wet ingredients.
Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake it for 50-65 minutes. If the cake is not done and starts to brown, cover the cake with foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
Allow the cake to cool completely and make the glaze.
Using a bowl, whisk together all of the glaze ingredients and then pour it over the loaf pan and let the glaze harden.
Cut into slices and enjoy!
Should I Serve this Pound Cake Hot or Cold?
It is best to serve this cake cooled, but if you want to serve it slightly warm, you can butter the slice of cake and grill it in a pan. This will warm the slice of pound cake and create a delicious salty flavor to the cake.
Does This Cake Need Icing or a Glaze?
While this Bailey’s Pound Cake has a delicious Bailey’s Cream Glaze on top if you prefer the cake without a glaze you can just leave it off. It doesn’t take anything away from the cake and either way, this pound cake tastes amazing.
Baileys Pound Cake Recipe
Pound Cake Ingredients
Pound Cake Directions
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray the loaf pan with pam baking spray
- Using a standing mixer, cream together the butter, sugar, and salt together until combined and smooth
- Using a large bowl, whisk the eggs and bailey’s until combined
- Gradually mix into the butter mixer until combined
- Using a medium bowl, whisk together the flour and baking powder
- Gradually mix into the wet ingredients until combined
- Pour batter into the baking pan
- Bake in the oven for 50-65 minutes
- If not done and starts to brown, cover with foil and bake for 10 more minutes
- Allow to cool completely
- Using a large bowl, whisk all ingredients together until combined
- Pour over the loaf and allow the glaze to harden
- Cut into slices and enjoy!